221418 Bullies, 4053 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 10:38am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Kajukenbo Hui

Press Release

January 9th, 2008

To the Kajukenbo Ohana and its Extended Family:

Hui: (n) club, organization (Hawaiian)

I would like to take the time to announce the creation of an independent ranking organization founded on the
    principles of equality and democratic self-regulation - The Kajukenbo Hui. The Kajukenbo Hui has been created with the intent of giving those that do not have a way by which to gain recognition for their efforts a means in which to do so.

The Hui will promote Kajukenbo black belt ranks based on a criteria agreed on by the members without regard to branch, lineage, or politics. The Hui will provide these promotions of rank without accepting any payment or oath of loyalty. The Hui will recognize the orphans, black sheep and the outcast of the Ohana and award them for their accomplishments. The Hui believe that the recognition and promotion of rank should be based on your efforts in promoting the mind, body, and spirit of Kajukenbo.

The Hui will accept Kajukenbo black belt ranks of first degree and above as members. You are not automatically a member and must fill out an application form either online or by mail. There are no fees associated with becoming a member nor will you be asked to contribute anything other than your studied vote during elections.

Our goal is not to take. Our goal is to give.

Yours in the Martial Way,

Dan Tyrrell - HEO

www.kajukenbohui.com
    info@kajukenbohui.com

cc: Sijo Emperado
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 7:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kempofist:

This is interesting. . .

I thought for years that kajukenbo needed something,
    or, someone to step up and try to "fix" things. I don't
    know if this is in the right direction, another faction and
    all, but, it is something.
    Good Luck!

btw - have you really cc'd sijo?

Any response from him, as yet?
    And, did you seek his opinion prior to this announcement?

`~/

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 10:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    Kempofist:

This is interesting. . .

I thought for years that kajukenbo needed something,
    or, someone to step up and try to "fix" things. I don't
    know if this is in the right direction, another faction and
    all, but, it is something.
    Good Luck!

btw - have you really cc'd sijo?

Any response from him, as yet?
    And, did you seek his opinion prior to this announcement?

`~/

This is not my letter, but rather SiGung Dan Tyrrell's. I was just spreading word of it to those who do not frequent the normal Kajukenbo sites.

As far as factions go, they will always exist, but this one due to the lack of both politics and money involved can hopefully become a home to those who believe in standards and fairness in rank.

Any other questions I'd suggest asking Dan himself as I don't wish to speak on his behalf.
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 1:03am

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw this posted on Kajukenbo Cafe and was actually surprised. I'm from the WHKD branch and I guess I just didn't realize that there were that many unaffiliated Kajukenbo folks out there.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 3:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    This is not my letter, but rather SiGung Dan Tyrrell's. I was just spreading word of it to those who do not frequent the normal Kajukenbo sites.
    Sorry, m'bad. . .lol

As far as factions go, they will always exist, but this one due to the lack of both politics and money involved can hopefully become a home to those who believe in standards and fairness in rank.
    I just hope kajukenbo can weather the mess that ensues after sijo. . .well. . .y'know. . .

Any other questions I'd suggest asking Dan himself as I don't wish to speak on his behalf.
    As I thought we had access the author when I posted that, it's not that important.
    Still. . .interesting. . .

`~/

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 12:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bear
    I saw this posted on Kajukenbo Cafe and was actually surprised. I'm from the WHKD branch and I guess I just didn't realize that there were that many unaffiliated Kajukenbo folks out there.
    Unfortunately as someone said on the Cafe I believe, there are too many cooks in the kitchen. It is the same with most non-sportive martial arts organizations. Many have an instructor that has passed away thus leaving them on their own, or have had a falling out with the instructor that ranked them to black.

Instead of now forcing them to pander to other higher ranks who don't teach what they teach to gain rank/lineage and credibility, they can be acknowledged and respected for their effort and training independently.

Sorry, m'bad. . .lol

I just hope kajukenbo can weather the mess that ensues after sijo. . .well. . .y'know. . .

As I thought we had access the author when I posted that, it's not that important.
    Still. . .interesting. . .

`~/
    It will certainly be a fun storm to watch, but those who are true to their training and true to Sijo will stand strong no matter the political fall-out. As it stands, we have one man holding together numerous groups who don't train the same art, don't particularly like each other, and the unfortunate day that we no longer have him we can at least take solace in the "honesty" that will soon follow.
    ~Bruce Lee

Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 6:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A ninth-degree, one-day, tourney or battle-royal would be hella cool!

`~/

btw - "true to Sijo" is not what one would think. . .Sijo himself lets a lot of things go.
    Many things that 'back in the day' would've gotten swift reprisals, now barely merit
    a shake of the head, and hardly more than a nod, and a knowing wink. A 'big picture'
    mentality will always give one clearer thinking, and not addressing the sensitive issues
    leaves a lot more time to devote to 'hanging with th' boys' and reminiscing about 'the good ol' days!'

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 6:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more patch for the old black gi,heh fellas?Awesome stuff!What about bringing Elvis back from the grave?

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 7:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

`~/

btw - "true to Sijo" is not what one would think. . .Sijo himself lets a lot of things go.
    Many things that 'back in the day' would've gotten swift reprisals, now barely merit
    a shake of the head, and hardly more than a nod, and a knowing wink. A 'big picture'
    mentality will always give one clearer thinking, and not addressing the sensitive issues
    leaves a lot more time to devote to 'hanging with th' boys' and reminiscing about 'the good ol' days!'

By true to him I mean supporting him. And by supporting him, I don't mean show up to a tournament, eat some food and take pictures. I mean supporting him both financially (giving a portion of your schools income like everyone agrees to when opening a Kaju school) and supporting his legacy by training hard and representing the art to the best of your ability. Letting the art turn into Ke?po is something I as well as Dan are not about.

Quote Originally Posted by CanucKyokushin
    One more patch for the old black gi,heh fellas?Awesome stuff!What about bringing Elvis back from the grave?
    There's always room for more patches!
    ~Bruce Lee

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 10:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

`~/

And it might help things just get a nod and a wink because Sijo is old, and now from what J Bishop is posting, very ill in a hospital in Maui.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast