Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 9:05pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ Has worked quite well for me today. It's kind of like the opposite of "if you're hungry go to bed."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 7:16am

Style: Brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Run, lift weights, beat off, and eat lots of yogurt in between your programmed meals!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 8:44am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA and Kids Jiu-Jitsu Style: Boxing, Mom-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    In the not too distant future, I will be visiting Toronto to train with Vlad Vasiliev. If you want to roll, just let me know.
    Vlad the Impaler! Woot! Dude - have fun, Patrick has much respect for that guy. Let us all know before you get here - we'll do somethin'.

Bitparity - in my adult life, I've been every weight from 155 to 218 (not including pregancies, when I told the Doctor NOT to weigh me). As for the hunger bit, I'd say - you get used to whatever you are doing. If you are eating small meals, you will get used to small meals. If you are used to huge portions, then anything smaller will not be satisfying. It takes time to get used to smaller portions, but in time you will adjust and your hunger will be much more manageable. Snack on lean protein and veg, and pay attention to your body - stop when you've had enough to satsify. And sure, have a cheat meal once every week or two - I think that throwing your body a curve ball every once in a while can be a very good thing.

As for your realization that you really are an athlete, good on ya! Own it and treat yourself that way. I had some pretty rigid notions of how I defined myself and in the last few years I've learned that I am much more than I thought I was, and it's been an eye-opener. Never stop re-inventing yourself and trying new things - that is what life is all about!

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 10:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey all,

I agree that if you decrease your calorie intake, your body will eventually adapt. I tried this intermittent fasting thing a while back and I found that my appetite waned. However, I didn't really take physical activity into account and I found my performance decreased. So Hunger (obviously) also depends on how active you are. If you're an athlete, you eat alot, if you're sedentary, not so much. Just my $0.02
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12