--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 7:55am

Style: Kickboxing, Ex-ITF-TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should have taken a picture of it when it was still dislocated. That was a weird angle it was at. It looks more blue in real life.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 12:41pm

Style: Injured for 1+ years

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shortly after starting BJJ I got a staph infection. Fucked up my knee cause i didn't know what it was and waited too long. So now it'll never be the same again.

I trained despite the knee and straining my elbows (doing padwork wrong, very painful) cause I wanted to get in my first grappling competition (NAGA) before taking time off. This was an incredibly painful experience despite all the ice and ibueprofen in the world. But it all paid off when I got the flu and couldn't even stand up the day of the competition.

After the other knee got fucked up due to my body automatically overcompensating for the bad one, I took months off resting the elbows and doing hella physical therapy on the knees. Finally jumped back into Muay Thai. 2 days later, I had rotator cuff tendinitis. Took time off for rest and exercises.

Back to Muay Thai. Hip flexor strain after a couple of days. Apparently some of the exercises they made me do in rehabing the knee, caused damage to my hip flexors. I noticed a little pain before, but it really got activated by resuming Muay Thai.

These are the big injuries, ie: injuries that have stopped me from training. Aside from that I have turf toe in my left big toe (but everyone has that right?), and persistent ankle pain.

The thing about this sport (or maybe all sports in general, i don't know) is that it really lowers your standards. I've never been involved in sports, so I'm not used to hurting. But trying to make fighting your thing, is basically going from cursing how hard the work out is to thanking God when you're healthy and gratefully training your ass off between the inevitable injuries.

That finger looks like a real bitch, but I know at least one guy that started older than you and is currently fighting for our gym. You got some time, so come back stronger.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 1:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, sorry about that ****. I know it sucks to be missing training. Hope you get over it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m
    But trying to make fighting your thing, is basically going from cursing how hard the work out is to thanking God when you're healthy and gratefully training your ass off between the inevitable injuries.
    I feel that. Over the past few weeks/months I've jacked my neck/back and have been seeing a chiropractor. More recently I've hurt my knee/both knees and two days ago I fell on my tailbone. Son of a gun.

Oh, there was also that time when I got punched in the mouth and bit chunks out of my tongue. Couldn;t eat right for a week.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 1:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    forget the ringfights man!
    can you still masturbate???
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12