Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swallow
    I understand your point, and believe itr or not I share it.

But the street effectiveness of Sippalki, has been tried many times, in a society with a lot of violence, such as certain neighborhoods in Argentina.

The reputation of Sipalki is that of a "dirty" martial art, even a low class one, since it uses any resource available to win a fight, and they train in a whole range of techniques.

Swallow
    Do you have any opinion on the recently posted videos?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 2:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Si Pal Ki

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oryung5
    Swallow, if you want to continue ridiculizing GM Yoo's style of streetfighting, STOP using the name of sipalki.
    If you're really interested to learn something about sippalki (like you pretend), you'd better have some education first. This is not the educational area so you'd better go to http://www.hapkidoforum.com/phpBB3/v...p=22607#p22607.

So... one more time:
    1) Live up to your pretensions and stop talking bullshit.
    Or 2) keep on talking bullshit and call it ion be ryu hapkido or just ion be ryu.

Comprendo?!
    Well if the style changes its name I will, but it is not in my hand to do it.

Of course I am very interested in learning about Sippalki history, I"ve found out that most martials arts stories are completely Bullshido, as far as I can see, Yoo's tale does not add up. That is why I am trying to get documentatioon, or at least documented opinions.

Thank you for referring me to the hapkido forum, I already participate in it.

I love the division done in this topic, one thing is Sip Pal Ki Yeon Bi Ryu history, whose official version, I find bogus.

A different thing is Sippalki effectiveness in self defense and street fighting which I sustain and defend.

What I find ridiculous is to say that Kim's Kung Fu is the real historical Korean Sippalki which he learned in secret in a taoist community in the mountains, without any documentation whatsoever.

So unless you can prove Kims lineage and historical continuty, I will call Yoo's sty;le Yeon Bi Ryu Hapkido if you call Kim's Style Chinese Kung Fu.

By the way, your Spanish is almost as bas as my Korean, you should ask: Comprende? or Comprendes? not comprendo?

Swallow

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 2:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    Do you have any opinion on the recently posted videos?
    The first video is a competition of Vale Tudo in the city of La Plata, it is totally non representive of Sipalki Yeon Bi Ryu, the guy that according to Blues is a Sipalki in, lacks grounf fighting skills, what he does it is not Sipalki.

The second video, is a "fight" between two young friends, one from SPK the other from TKD, it is really bad, but shows a different approach to the fight, a little bit more in line with the regular fighting style of SPK, notice how the high kicks are counter attacked with low kicks.

But both videos are lame, as I said before in a real fight, eyes, throat, testicles and knees would be primary targets.

Swallow

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 3:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

But both videos are lame, as I said before in a real fight, eyes, throat, testicles and knees would be primary targets.

Swallow
    But the street effectiveness of Sippalki, has been tried many times, in a society with a lot of violence, such as certain neighborhoods in Argentina.

To put a sipalki in, to fight with sport rules will take away the escence of the art, for example in many MMA events, these techniques qre prohibited:

Headbutting, eye gouging, hair pulling, biting or fish-hooking.
    Attacking the groin or trachea, or striking the back of the head, spinal area, or kidneys.
    Clawing, twisting, or pinching the flesh.
    Small joint manipulation.
    Spitting on the opponent

All of these are main techniques used in Sipalki.
    Sipalki, is respected by all other Martial Arts because of its effectivity in combat.

This is the style's main appeal, and that's why many find it to be a "dirty and dangerous Martial Art"

I do not know anyone in the martial arts community that had said that the style is fake or is ineffective in combat.
    Have fun migurk and Mav I'll be lurking. My eyes are bleeding.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Have fun migurk and Mav I'll be lurking. My eyes are bleeding.
    I've already addressed a couple of these, but I would like to address the one where he says that it has been tried many times in the street. Somehow I have a hard time believing that there are a shitload of Argetinians that are carrying around kwandaos in the street.:5badair:
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 12:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    I've already addressed a couple of these, but I would like to address the one where he says that it has been tried many times in the street. Somehow I have a hard time believing that there are a shitload of Argetinians that are carrying around kwandaos in the street.:5badair:
    Oh I know.

I went back through the thread, minus all the history discussion, it hurt more unadulterated.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 12:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Oh I know.

I went back through the thread, minus all the history discussion, it hurt more unadulterated.
    Yeap, sometimes the truth may hurt.

Swallow

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 1:42pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Swallow

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Swallow
    That or laughing extremely hard at items that are being passed off as truth...now that hurts.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920