Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 6:03pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Why go to all this effort of creating secret karate moves to strike from under the mount, when there are hundreds of shiftless BJJ blue belts who would come to your krotty school and teach everyone the elbow escape for a Big Mac and Fries?
    He's being facetious, but I seriously would do that.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 6:03pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If this was presented as a hypothesis then rigorously tested, who knows, maybe we all would learn something. As a statement of fact and as pointers this is just not a good idea. The mount position has some serious advantages that make this extremely dangerous.

On the other hand, advanced fighters and advanced instructors should be creative and trying to move the art into the future. Has anyone out there tried anything similar? Any success at all?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 6:59pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno, once I was mounted by some guy and he was punching my face alot and it hurt. I couldn't escape so out of frustration I threw a wild backfist and it hit him in the face, and I didn't even get armbarred!

Then he just kept punching me and then the sparring was over, and I was still on the bottom.

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 7:48pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    namaste,

Would training in the mount ground striking have helped or was it hopeless? I think the assumption of automatic arm bar is not realistic. I for one do not have arm bar developed as a useful weapon yet and I doubt I am the only one. (Just started bjj and am getting beat up regularly.) I would expect all advanced fighters to have an arm bar in their arsenal but it still might be weaker than their ground and pound.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 8:05pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mike321,

I guess striking from the bottom might work a little bit, but its an exercise in futility. Under mount is like, the worst place to be EVARZ. It's like flicking someone in the arm, and then they drop elbows on your face. Who will come out worse?

It seems hipocritical of these people to go around saying things like "NO TAPPING ON STR33T" and "YOU GOTSTA STAY OFF THE GROUND DONT BE DOIN TEH GARPPLE" and then they come up with garbage about wasting time striking back at someone from under mount, thus prolonging and worsening the situation, rather than learning some basic mount escapes and being done with it.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 9:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321
    boyd,

Would training in the mount ground striking have helped or was it hopeless? I think the assumption of automatic arm bar is not realistic. I for one do not have arm bar developed as a useful weapon yet and I doubt I am the only one. (Just started bjj and am getting beat up regularly.) I would expect all advanced fighters to have an arm bar in their arsenal but it still might be weaker than their ground and pound.
    I think it's worth pointing out that most trained people don't go for spinning armbars automatically like most Bullshidoka here suggest. I remember immediately after the JFS fight everyone kept talking about how Osiris should've capitalized on JFS posting his hands straight up and broke his arm. In reality, if you're mounted on a person and pounding their head in, there's little reason to spontaneously jump off and risk turning the tide of the entire fight just to end it a few seconds earlier. One of my coaches, an experienced MMA fighter, lost a match because he was pounding a guy from within guard and tried to finish him with an ankle lock, only to lose position and get his face caved in.

That said, your arms will never be in a position from underneath mount that's conducive to both striking and escaping. Never. Once you move your hands from your face, unless it's to control his posture, you're getting punched. If you move your elbows off the mat, you're exposing yourself to tremendous danger. Even if he doesn't hop off for the armbar he can still keylock you, punch back much harder, or advance to open mount.
    Last edited by Boyd; 1/11/2008 9:11pm at .
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12