Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, Shironinja. I have become ONE of THEM. And WE are soooo happy. Soon, you will be ONE of US too. Soon ALL will be ONE with the BJJ!!!!!!

Resistance is futile.

Matt

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 12:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The attitude is everywhere , espesially with the noobs.

They chose a style that fits their ego and train(or not) to make up for some shortcomings. :D

So they go around trying to be the big man. Whats funny is that the particular style isn't even important. It's whatever they fell into that gets to be used as their power. The goal is to feel somehow superior in an otherwise dismally boring and uneventfull life. It fills the void and puts them in what they percievce as their place of tyranny. Petty tyrants.

BJJ is the popular bandwagon these days. Many Joe Nobodies are going to gravitate to the BJJ umbrella and eat the table scraps of the guys who do train. Its the once nerd suddenly getting cool and dissing his once nerdly friends even though deep down he's still a nerd.
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The guard is great for what it is, which is, better the guard then being mounted."

My understanding of bjj is that it is essentially about positional dominance, with the above comment illustrating this philosophy.

Certainly other styles do similar things, and certainly individual practicioners may be superior on a one on one basis, but, to say that speicalization in one area may make you the best in that area is not invalid.

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 3:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sick of that mentality too.

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 3:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asia the first time that you walk into a BJJ School they Imprint it on your Brain A La "The MAtrix" you have been doing BJJ since then !

Im all Gay for Xingyi now , so Im going to Start the movement for that being the "P0WNZ0RZ!" now !

Nah , its just about people beng to Weak to have any Identity of their Own , therefore they try to dopt the Identity of the system(s) that they chose . Its the same Reasion that McDojos keep getting $ from ppl in a lot of Cases , I mean , they already Told all their Mates that they do "Crap-Do-Ryu" so that Image becomes more Important than learning something Decent . I know ppl in Small towns that WONT go to the best Instruction Available to them . I know a Friend that is in a (VERY Small) Town that has Two Schools . One of them is Sport Karate Backflippery where they NEVER Make any real Contact , or even Pressure each otehr , and have REDICULOUS Contracts . They have huge Facilities , and four Locations , but they couldnt answer my Friend's Questions about Applications (ANY Apps) in the Forms . So he went , after a while of talking to others on Mewssage Boards (He was a 2nd Dan by then) , to the other school in Town , a Wing Chun school that you couldnt even see the Front of from the Street , and had a small Space . But you know what ? They HIT EACH OTHER ! . HE , in the next Three Months , got better than he had in the last 6-7 years with his "Karate" school , and tried to move some of his Friends from there over to the WC school .

He was met with Resistance to th point that hes been doiung the WC for over a Year now , and yet none of his mates have even VISITED the school as of Yet , DESPITE the fact that he is kicking their Asses all over the place in Karate (contract wasnt Up for a while/mom still made him go to both) , and hes not only TINY (Less Reach in their PointSparring) , but equal to/Lower Rank then them .

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 3:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly XingYi does not rox0r...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 3:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Matt W. that if you have no idea what BJJ is you're going to be in trouble. After all, if you've never seen a triangle choke before, you're going to have problems defending it. However, if you are familiar with grappling in general, you aren't going to die against a BJJ'er because you've never trained BJJ.

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 3:56pm

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I agree with Matt W. that if you have no idea what BJJ is you're going to be in trouble."

You could say this about any style.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could say this about any style.
    Do you think Royce was familiar with every style he faced in the first couple UFC's? Do you think the Gracies knew much about every style that walked through their door for a Gracie challenge? So, actually, you can't say the same thing about any style. I mean, it may be true for more than just BJJ, but it is not true of any, or even most styles, IMO.

Regards,
    Matt

Posted On:
    11/04/2003 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by brandeissansoo
    Sadly XingYi does not rox0r...
    You know what ? I used to think that , as well . Rather , I thought that there was nothing Particularly new there for me to Learn , but OMFG was I wrong about that . If you still believe that way in Feb , Im going to be there with Bells On (you know this already) , and Ill be happy to take the time out to show you why it Certainly DOES r0xXx0r J00 b0xXx0rs .

Well , Sung System I can speak on , at any Rate , which is what Ive been Studying .
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast