Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 1:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do i really have to go on ? I mean really , look at all the presumptive drivel coming from that whiney bitch anthony. Like any of that is true.

Keep it up, boys . You are giving quite a few people you're not aware of a mighty fine laugh.

I'm baiting you and you are eating it hook, line and sinker.

su-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 1:29am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    STOP IT!! OH PLEASE STOP MR. KFDW!! Oh...I can't stand it!! ;)
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 2:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ***NOTE :

I have not Read any furthur in this thread than my Last Post , I went to Class , but b4 I did , I clicked on the thingie that said "Quote" so I wouldnt forget to do it RIGHT when I got Home

Any other Sillienesss that has Transpired since MY last Sillieness has gone Unnoted by Me***

Originally posted by HAPKO3
    Djimbe: I don't know, man. If you cut out the places claiming to be Shaolin, you will definitly get a much better average level.

However, do you think that the people who train there, on average, will be able to hang with the sports guys (BJJ/Judo/MT/whatever)?

I, for one, doubt it.

To be honest, though, I don't really care that much.

The one thing that really pisses me off in martial arts is selling fantasy self defence that gets people hurt. As long as they don't do that, they're more or less cool.

Also, not everyone wants to be the best fighter possible. I understand that many poeple take martial arts for stress relief, physical fitness, etc.

I am young, reasonably athletic, and enjoy getting my ass kicked (and kicking some ass every once in a while) but I undertand taht this is not for everyone.
    Hapko3 :

There is more at question in your statement , however , than what youre Directly asking ...

If you were ONLY ta ask about Judo , I would say that it were Equal , but if you were to ask about , say , HS Wrestling , well its a Compeditive Sport that the Exponents of are Chosen for their Genetic Gifts and/or Pushed untill the weakest of them all are Washed Out in an Effort to Win Titles . In Boxing no GOOD Trainer will waste their Time with someone thats not a Prospect - a Legit one . the rest just become Fodder for the people that ARE Prospects and cant fight any better than any TMAist that has Sparring in their School . REAL Muay Thai Schools have more Washouts than they do ppl that stick with it . Well , that and that dude that "Trains Muay Thai" that only shows up every 2 Months - "To Keep His Skills Sharp" (Read : To tell his Friends that he Trains Muay Thai , and talk **** on the Internet) .

The "TMA" world is not set up in this Manner . ANYONE that Pays can Play . House Wives , Little Sisters , Geeks , Freaks , the Elderly , and the Crippled . That SIGNIFIGANTLY lowers the "Badasses %" . MOST people ARENT Badasses . Most people dont have the Genetics for it , nor the Force of Will . Training can deal with the Will (adrenalin Dumping/Fight or Flight , whatever) , but Genetics are Written in Stone .

So , what makes a "Great Fighter" ?

Genetics X Athleticism X Training X Conditioning .

You can be a Naaturally Big , Strong dude , but UnCo-Ordinated as an Ox . you can be Smallor naturaly Weak , but very Dexrous and Agile .

The Other Two ...

Conditioning is not often Offered at most TMA Schools . The people that desire it , will get it . This is MOSTLY because , Unlike Wrestling that takes place on a Campus Facility with (in some Cases) Multi-Million$ Sports Complexes , and at the LEAST a Small "IronHead" style Lifting room , most MA trainers cant affoard to purchase full Fitness Facilities , UNLESS they turn into Belt Factories .

Training : The Training is likeley at the least Equal .

You heard me .

I mean to say , that in the averadge school that dosent have "Shaolin" in the name (or Ninjitsu , or ... well , you get the Idea) the Ability to "Deal" in a Fight , according to the REAL Traditional Curriculae is probably going to increase your Ability (YOUR ability) to deal in a fight 300-1000% But , Frankly , that alone isnt enough to Compensate for the fact that almost all of the schools of the type that you have Mentioned tend to have at LEAST Two of the other three "Wussy Filters" mentioned above working in their Favour .

Now , does this mean that the SYSTEM is bad ? No . It just means that it works froma a FAR broader and SO FAR more Random sampling of Humanity (NTM that it gets DEPLETED of "The Good ONes" by those othern things that I mentioned , not to MENTION other Athletics , like Hockey , Futbol , Football , Basketball , and even Tennis Baseball/Softball ... these things ALL sap the Gene Pool , and take up ALL of the POSSIBLE TMA Exponent's spare time . BUT , the Student , no matter WHOM they are , are still going to be Improved in a Fight by that same 300-1000% They just wont get the same Multipliers , on average , as those that are handpicked for ability and Athleticism .

Now, I realise that This Post is going to Ilicit a LOT of REALLY STUPID responses that dont flick the "On Switch" of their brain to the Upright position before they Post . But this IS the Reality of HOW THINGS WORK IN REAL LIFE . Every System DOES NOT all get dealt the same hand to Play with . And before you star with the "Youre Just Making Excuses" , blah blah blah ... Im not in ANY way . Im saying that I thinkl that good TMA Schools do JUST as much for their students as any Sportive School , and that we DO VERY WELL teach them how to Fight . We just SO more Seldom get a chance to work with someone in the top 10% of ATHLETIC POTENTIAL in their respective Weaight Classes as relates to the rest of Humanity that its far less often seen .

The Gracies have been VERY Smart in their Marketing thus far , and have been able to keep attracting "People that Want To Be Badass" . But there is a worst guy in EVERY class/school .

And Ill Wager that hes closer to "Average" than yould like to think .

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 2:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Angry-Monkey
    I always thought it was spelled "Djembe".

I play one too! Im not very good though.
    "Djembe is the French spelling , which is actually a tad more Common , which is why I dont use it , as its more likley to be "taken" on Msg Boards , and the like .

Well , that and my name IS "Jim" so its kind of a happy Coinkiedink with the Anglican spelling .

But the REAL reason is that it ONLY SOUNDS lik "Djembe" when French people say it . When said by a person from Senegal (the Area of Msic Im most Studies in) , IN WOLOF , then it sounds a LOT more like "Djimbe" . And as a Musician and Sound/Recording Technician I am wholly Obsessed with the way things sound .
    Last edited by Djimbe; 11/08/2003 2:44am at .

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 2:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay :

1) This Thread got to the Land of the Ghey , and now I wonder if anyone will even Respond to or even SEE the wonderfly lucid (if you dont look for Typoes) Post that I made .

2) I used the Word "Exponent" im my Wonderful Post ... *Dons Armour & Hefts Axe*

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 3:35am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by KungFuDoesWork
    Do i really have to go on ? I mean really , look at all the presumptive drivel coming from that whiney bitch anthony. Like any of that is true.

Keep it up, boys . You are giving quite a few people you're not aware of a mighty fine laugh.

I'm baiting you and you are eating it hook, line and sinker.

su-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    You silly, silly, silly man.

I am so impressed.

I can back up what I posted. Now, tell me, do you run a McDojo? Is that why you are so defensive?

Are you a Shaolin monk? Been trained by them? Let me guess, you do trips to China for ppl to be trained in Kung Fu.

If so, how long have you been running that scam, errr I mean trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 3:54am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Djimbe,

Now you understand what you and I talked about on the phone about. As you can see, there are dickheads in every martial art.

Just training in a Martial Art alone is a notable quality. It takes dedication and love for your art. Unfortunately, there are some morons that do what KFDW is guilty of. Being Pretentious.

Humourous, as that is what he is accusing BJJ and it's practioners of. While he reeks of it.

Now, I would gladly debate this with him, however his posting shows that he is incapable of doing so. Not surprising, from reading his posts previous to this thread, they were more in tune with the Sherdog crowd and their ineffectual reasoning. Or, lack of thereof.

Two thumbs up to KFDW! You rock dude!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 5:37am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what I think?

I think this whole "BJJ VS JUDO" thing is the stupidest rivalry EVER. It is a GAY rivalry by gay men who like to hug each other.

But seriously, here's what it comes down to

Judo guy: I prefer to try and get a really good takedown that will ko the guy but I also train in submissions on the ground. YOUR BJJ IZ TEH SUX0R

Bjj guy: I train to get submissions on the ground but also train my takedowns so I can KO a guy on the 'crete KN0 WAY D00D R0YCE-SAMA OWNZ J00!

As for sakuraba using "catch wrestling" to beat bjj, one of the submissions he uses a lot is guess what: A kimura! Helio didn't invent the godamn kimura, and we'll probably never know who did. Who gives a rats ass wether he broke renzos arm with a "BJJ kimura" or a "Judo ude garami" or a "catch wrestling double wristlock" it's the same godamn thing!

Your fellow grappler is NOT the enemy. The enemy is the other 99% of martial artists who are still diligently doing their katas and REVERSE PUNCH KIAIing.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FUKK YOU HEDGEHOOGEY!!! ARMBARR!!
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

***ned

Posted On:
    11/08/2003 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your fellow grappler is NOT the enemy. The enemy is the other 99% of martial artists who are still diligently doing their katas and REVERSE PUNCH KIAIing.
    Actually, "your fellow grappler" is exactly who you should be training to fight. Anyone else is a non-issue for you. So, really, your fellow grappler IS the enemy.