Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Marasmos

Posted On:
    11/05/2003 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KungFuDoesWork: Sorry to say, but you're the one being self indulgent here.
    You say what about my rice?

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    11/05/2003 3:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    chuckle . Really. I'm weak. oh boy.

Oh yeah and this...... "I wonder if their stupidity is inherently bred in or learned through their repeated use of chi in while practicing their crane falls from the sky attack. "...........is somehow relevant or "strong" chuckle. LMAO.
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/05/2003 3:47pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin,

It's never personal. I can have divergant views with KFDW, doesn't mean I wouldn't shake his hand and have a beer with him if we ever meet one day. As I am originally from Florida, if I'm invited would visit his school when I'm in town.

If you can't seperate the real world and the internet, there's a problem. Luckily I have been to therapy and now see the difference. =o)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    11/05/2003 3:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well said, well said indeed.

Heavyweight

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hapko3: "Mostly, though, real hard competion breeds humility and respect."

Yes, Yes, Yes. Not always; look at the way Dan Severn acted in UFC when he won.

But the couple KK champs I met and trained with were humble.

And JJ and Judo being arts that practice real, have so little of the Ashida Kimish, bullshit ego tripping mystical death ray karate crapola. Their (JJ and Judo) champs KNOW for real how hard it is to win and how easy it is to get beat. Because they've been there. The less the contact in ma the more the ego swelling nonsence
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok san soo what is it you can't read ? I misspelt "misguided", but apart from that?

I'm saying there is such a thing as one style being "better" than another, and that BJJ is "better" than alot, if not most other styles.

KungFuDoesWork I don't think Anthony_A thinks he can't be harmed, far from it. Although I do agree that some people have the attitude that MA = a MUCH better chance of "survival", this is false. It may give you a slightly better chance but sometimes it can literally worsen you chances if you think you can just go around picking fights or getting into fights when you could have avoided them.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 12:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony said "Seriously. If you are going to argue, get your facts straight. Sakuraba trained in BJJ prior to fighting to learn the concepts of BJJ. As did quite a few wrestlers.
    You continue to show your stupidity in this argument. Kimura never beat Carlos Gracie. Moron. They never fought.
    Go back to Sherdog. They are missing their resident idiot."

Hey did I get insulting. It just shows how much an asshole you are.
    Its a FACT that Sakuraba defeated the Gracies with wrestling. Something that some nutriding BJJ's cant accept.

"Kimura beat helio. Ono is the judoka who choked out Jorge."
    Well said Mikus.
    NHB has shown that wrestlers do hold their own against BJJ. (I'm not saying their infallibal)

Anthony said " KFDW mindset of attacking only glaringly exemplifies the insecurities of TMA's, notiably the CMA types who want to believe that the BJJ attitude is only just that. Without any substance to back it up."
    Insecurities of TMA's I think thats an exageration. Wrestlers have done well in NHB. Judo guys do okay as well. And there have been fights that ended with muay thai techniques. Look at Maurice Smith he did pretty good with Muay Thai techniques and now he's learning grappling too.

Anthony said"To further their goals of lowering the effectiveness of BJJ, they must make up sceanarios of broken glass on the ground, multiple opponents, and a myriad of other variables such as bricks to bolster their own fighting style."
    I dont recall anyone say that. Although multiple opponents and the use of weopons are alot closer to reality. I dont see anything wrong with aiki-jujitsu that do place some good emphasis on defense against multiple attackers. Are they infalliable? Nope! Do you hear people dieing from knife wounds on the news. Yep!

KungFuDoesWork "That was mature.............what are you, nine?" (To Anthony). I have to side with him on this.
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 12:36pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Freddy
    Anthony said "Seriously. If you are going to argue, get your facts straight. Sakuraba trained in BJJ prior to fighting to learn the concepts of BJJ. As did quite a few wrestlers.
    You continue to show your stupidity in this argument. Kimura never beat Carlos Gracie. Moron. They never fought.
    Go back to Sherdog. They are missing their resident idiot."

Hey did I get insulting. It just shows how much an asshole you are.
    Its a FACT that Sakuraba defeated the Gracies with wrestling. Something that some nutriding BJJ's cant accept.

============

No one is arguing that Sakuraba defeated the Gracies. I am arguing the fact that he used only pro wrestling. It is well known he studied BJJ to learn how to fight it. Do you say otherwise?

"Kimura beat helio. Ono is the judoka who choked out Jorge."
    Well said Mikus.
    NHB has shown that wrestlers do hold their own against BJJ. (I'm not saying their infallibal)
    ============

So you were wrong. Again.

Anthony said " KFDW mindset of attacking only glaringly exemplifies the insecurities of TMA's, notiably the CMA types who want to believe that the BJJ attitude is only just that. Without any substance to back it up."
    Insecurities of TMA's I think thats an exageration. Wrestlers have done well in NHB. Judo guys do okay as well. And there have been fights that ended with muay thai techniques. Look at Maurice Smith he did pretty good with Muay Thai techniques and now he's learning grappling too.

================

What rock have you been under? Mo Smith has been training in grappling for quite some time now. He defeated Marc Coleman with his skills.

Anthony said"To further their goals of lowering the effectiveness of BJJ, they must make up sceanarios of broken glass on the ground, multiple opponents, and a myriad of other variables such as bricks to bolster their own fighting style."
    I dont recall anyone say that. Although multiple opponents and the use of weopons are alot closer to reality. I dont see anything wrong with aiki-jujitsu that do place some good emphasis on defense against multiple attackers. Are they infalliable? Nope! Do you hear people dieing from knife wounds on the news. Yep!

KungFuDoesWork "That was mature.............what are you, nine?" (To Anthony). I have to side with him on this.
    ===================

Of course you would. You can't come up with anything original except multiple usage of the term nutrider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 12:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony said "Who is the loser with the NICK NAME KUNG FU DOES WORK?!
    I have never seen a blatant example of insecurity in my life.
    Does it work?! Really? Golly gee, I always thought it did."

It really depends! Which style are you refering to. I would put my bet that shaui jiao would do okay against BJJ. (And no they are not infallible) Just like any judo guy or wrestler.

Kungfudoeswork "You see dear, this thread isn't about whether or not BJJ works, its about whether or not BJJ types are rather self indulgent about their hero's victories to the point of cultism." You hit on the head!
    BTW I'll personally like BJJ but I dont nutride about it. Nothing wrong with the art just the mentallity of some of them.

Anthony said "If you can't seperate the real world and the internet, there's a problem." I have to agree. But without the nut riding!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 12:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony said "Of course you would. You can't come up with anything original except multiple usage of the term nutrider."
    Nutriding is the truth!!! If walks and quacks like a duck then its a duck! Its not about being "original" its saying it as it is.
    I dont see anyone else braging about wrestling or Muay Thai or Judo or Jeet Kune Do etc.
    Ghost of Charles Dickens
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast