Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 10:31am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Questions Regarding a Judo instructor in Columbus OH

I haven't had much luck finding any info on a Judo class in Columbus and was hoping some people here may be able to help.

There is a Judo class held twice a week at the Columbus Parks and Recs Thompson Center. The listed Instructor's last name is Wolak, but I haven't had any luck finding info on this guy. Definitely interested in his class and I am planning on checking it out in the next couple of weeks, I was just hoping to get some info on him before going in.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:50pm

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you haven't found info on the class in a week or so I'm planning on dropping in on the OSU club next weekend and I can ask them about him then.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Negation
    If you haven't found info on the class in a week or so I'm planning on dropping in on the OSU club next weekend and I can ask them about him then.
    That'd be great. Let me know what you find out. From the looks of it the Judo class at Thompson center meets twice a week and is free! But since it is free I am wondering about the quality of teaching and the intructor's experience. Either way it may be a fun place to roll around at for no charge.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 3:01pm

Style: Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.judoinfo.com/contacts/bro...tes&State=Ohio

Judo Information Site usually has a lot of information on most Judo Clubs and there Instructors.

Train Hard, Stay Safe,
    Good Luck

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 3:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdrnsamurai
    http://www.judoinfo.com/contacts/bro...tes&State=Ohio

Judo Information Site usually has a lot of information on most Judo Clubs and there Instructors.

Train Hard, Stay Safe,
    Good Luck
    Thanks, but I already checked there and came up with nothing.

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    1/21/2008 12:00am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Due to something I'm afraid is tendinitis I missed practice today; sorry Ronin. I'll send a message to one of my friends in the club through facebook about it though.

Posted On:
    1/21/2008 9:36pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch, sorry to hear about that >_<

I hope it's nothing serious. And Ronin, isn't Yudo basically the Korean version of Judo and almost identical in every respect?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 11:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Negation
    Due to something I'm afraid is tendinitis I missed practice today; sorry Ronin. I'll send a message to one of my friends in the club through facebook about it though.
    That'd be great let me know what you hear.

WWC,

Yes Yudo is the same thing, with a couple of distinct differences. I was never taught any kind of two man kata that I see other Judoka learning for BB. Competeing was not a requirement for advancement. For these reasons I always refer to my style as Yudo so I can distinguish it from Judo. I feel that it is probable that I am not on par with someone of the same rank that trained Judo in Japan or the U.S. I am looking at getting back into it as a refresher course more than anything else, I intend to enter this Judo club as a white belt and inform the instructor of my experience and then go from there.

IMO that's what sets the Bullies apart from the Bullshidoka, we're willing to self demote our ranks when we know we're not up to snuff.

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 11:44am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, gotcha (and yeah, tho' some Bullshidoka are into that "I am soooooo much more humbler than thou" attitude).

And I see the differences, and while a lot of Judo clubs love their kata some just have it as an annoying belt requirement with their parent org (USJA/JF). I only know Nage no Kata and only parts of it myself at that.

Also, competing isn't a requirement in Judo either, but doing well CAN shorten the minimum length requirement for advancement and a lot of people do it anyways.

Either way it sounds like you have a good idea of what you want and how to do it so good luck and keep us up to date.