Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    For instance, one of his challengers (Saburo Wakuta, aka Tenryu, Sumo champion) wrote himself:

On another ocassion, Tenryu wrote:

Various sources, including people who were there confirm this encounter. For instance Shigenobu Okumura, who was in Manchuria studying at Kenkoku University stated in an interview: "'Eventually, though, Tenryu started becoming a little too full of himself, so Ueshiba Sensei called him out. Tenryu really went after him, but before he could even engage, Ueshiba Sensei had already evaded him and applied a technique. I was there and saw the encounter with my own eyes."

You shouldn't take the account of Tenryu and Okumura seriously. Ultranationalists supporting the superhuman feats of an ultranationalist involved with Japan's propaganda machine during the period prior to WWII isn't exactly a reliable account.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 4:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    You shouldn't take the account of Tenryu and Okumura seriously. Ultranationalists supporting the superhuman feats of an ultranationalist involved with Japan's propaganda machine during the period prior to WWII isn't exactly a reliable account.
    Ultranationalism aside (and you're absolutely correct about the political aspects of the issue), I don't see anything "superhuman" in a japanese military combatives instructor throwing a sumo wrestler. There was no mention to ki blasts nor things like that. Only speed, timing and going with the flow. The old "better technique compensates size disadvantage". Judo, BJJ, Boxing, Karate, etc are full of examples of this kind of "superhuman" abilities.
    Last edited by DCS; 1/14/2008 4:36pm at .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234