I hate you and your funny posts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 12:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon
    He really needs anger management classes.
    He also needs to not use cocaine. I highly doubt that him getting busted for it in March 2007 was his first (or last) time using.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    And a very greasy one. Remember, he greased himself in his fight against Huerta, which resulted in his disqualification.
    That's too bad, because he would have gotten his ass handed to him in standup against Huerta.

EDIT: I are a TUF noob (hangs head in shame). I didn't realize they fought in 2005 and Huerta actually lost by split decision before the loss was overturned.

Regardless, it's not 2005 anymore and Huerta would destroy him now.
    Last edited by HongKongFukYu; 1/16/2008 1:57pm at .

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 12:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is a coke headed clown like him getting fights in the UFC? Bad press anyone?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 12:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is a coke headed clown like him getting fights in the UFC? Bad press anyone?
    That I don't get...at all. Coke, Crack and meth are really bad **** (obviously) and these drugs have an uncanny way of making people unable to control their emotions and anger. He got busted by the NSAC (failed the drug test) for what was the Stevenson fight, and thenhe's back in December. The UFC clearly isn't too tough on drugs, or maybe it's 3 strikes and your out?

Dana seems to have a lax attitude about drugs and fighters/commentators (Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo are supreme burnouts and very vocal about it) in general. Not that I'm comparing pot to coke (IMO, not even in the same universe), but Nick Diaz got busted for pot and didn't get kicked out of the UFC. I believe his temporary suspension came from the NSAC. And no, I'm not comparing Diaz (either of them) to Guillard. The Diaz brothers are awesome fighters and Melvin's record is looking worse and worse every fight he has.

Same thing with Sherk and the (comparitively) small amount of Deca in his system.

Truth be told I actually like Melvin on TUF. From what little I've seen of him recently though, his behavior has changed. In my younger dumber days I've been around enough coke/meth users to know how much it changes someones personality. It's either that or he wants to conform to a hardcore hood-rat stereotype, which is immature and retarded.

Whatever the case may be, this kid is turning into a collosol douchebag, and it's sad because he has (seemingly) a decent amount of athletic ability.
    Last edited by HongKongFukYu; 1/14/2008 12:41pm at .

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 12:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup. Drugs will kill you.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 12:44pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the suspensions are mandated by the commission not the UFC. I think, but am not certain, that the length of suspension is dependent upon whether it is a "Performance Enhancer" or a "Drug of Abuse."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 11:07pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    the suspensions are mandated by the commission not the UFC. I think, but am not certain, that the length of suspension is dependent upon whether it is a "Performance Enhancer" or a "Drug of Abuse."
    Irrelevant because Cocaine and Meth both fall into the Stim category.

The class of pharmacological substances known as stimulants that activate dopaminergic pathways can definitely be a mental performance enhancer. but there's a curve of diminishing returns in its use as well as the tolerance curve caused by upregulation/downregulation of enzymes or receptors. (here is where the personality changes come into play, the hyper/hypo mania, schizophrenia, psychosis, etc)

Ask any first or second year medical school student whether amphetamines (Adderall et all)
    is a performance enhancer =P
    Last edited by variance; 1/14/2008 11:09pm at .

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 11:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At a certain level, thre is no bad press. The fight fit in with the theme of the PPV (Melvin and the other guy are nemeses) and here, a few weeks later, we're still talking about the card even though the main event was truncated (no Serra) and anti-climactic (Hughes did about as well as I would have against GSP, and I'm a fat ****** who does tai chi).

I doubt UFC will have much use for Melvin now. His little bit of notoriety is spent.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    1/15/2008 8:00am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFukYu
    but Nick Diaz got busted for pot and didn't get kicked out of the UFC.
    Diaz got busted for pot after he'd already been cut from the UFC and was fighting in Pride.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast