Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the fastest possible date for fedor vs couture will be late this year/beginning of next?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 10:06am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    What problem are you retarded faggots having with the link? Click it, read the interview, discuss. That easy.
    there, fixed for you.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 11:28am

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randy's logic is still a bit flawed.

Yes, Fedor is #1, but Randy is still #3-#4. Big Nog is still ahead of him in the world heavyweight rankings. So instead of fighting Big Nog, solidifying his #2 ranking, then jumping ship, he flat out says the guy ahead of him in world rankings isn't worth his time. The only reason I can think he's doing that is because he knows there's a good chance he would lose, which would kill any appeal a Fedor/Couture matchup would have.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is already the UFC HW champ. While I agree with your rankings, it makes more sense for him to fight the champ of the (former) other big promotion rather than, as chammp, fight a newcomer to his promotion to qualify to fight Fedor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 11:47am

Style: Jiu-jitsu & HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing is going to kill the appeal of Fedor/Couture. Everything about that matchup is epic.

The only thing that distinguishes it from Rocky 4 is that Randy is way cooler than Rocky & Fedor didn't kill Matt Lindland when they fought.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yodaman
    Randy's logic is still a bit flawed.

Yes, Fedor is #1, but Randy is still #3-#4. Big Nog is still ahead of him in the world heavyweight rankings. So instead of fighting Big Nog, solidifying his #2 ranking, then jumping ship, he flat out says the guy ahead of him in world rankings isn't worth his time. The only reason I can think he's doing that is because he knows there's a good chance he would lose, which would kill any appeal a Fedor/Couture matchup would have.
    He's a top-tier fighter sundering (can I use "sunder" as a transitive verb?) all ties with the most lucrative MMA organization in the world just so he can have a single epic, borderline fantasy matchup that pretty much every MMA fan in the world wants to see. He's literally trying to create a fight on par with Sakuraba vs. Rickson, or Royce v. Anyone Good. Randy Couture is a goddamned saint and it fills me with a warm glow to see any professional athlete seeking challenge over comfort.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 3:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I think I've got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    Randy Couture has rent asunder all ties with the UFC, the largest, highest-profile, highest-grossing organization in mixed martial arts to fight the only opponent he sees as a practical challenge.
    Not quite as breezy, but at least no one's gonna make fun of me for misusing gerunds now.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 3:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait.

Is "rent" the present-perfect conjugation of the infinitive "to rend"? Is "rend" even the stem here, or is it "render"?

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 3:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rend asunder sounds better to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 3:28pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    while you're at it why not precede it with "Randy Couture hath" instead of "... has"

"Randy Couture hath rent asunder..." sounds like the correct.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast