Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 3:47am

Style: Chow Gar / Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding the Warriors Eskrima grade, he holds an apprentice instructor rank from Guro Krishna Godhania which he did on a fast track course and has not trained in since ( I corresponded with him as a possible training source until I found out he only had the same rank and training as me)

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 4:12am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info...fast track huh? Not a good sign.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 9:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah fast track means what I would call basic ability though it is touted as "equivalent to black belt" and you are authorised to teach at this level. The ranking in Hocks CQB is through Hock and Joe Hubbard and I would certainly respect those grades. The Tang Lung stuff is based on Wing Chun, nuff said really

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 9:14am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He also claims a Black Belt in Young Dragons Kung Fu. Isn't that usually just the name of the class for the kids?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 3:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just recieved two e-mails from Sifu Fitzgerald which will help clarify things here:

Dear Mr. Koepfer,

It has only just been brought to my attention that some rather libelous statements have been made against me in a certain martial arts forum (Bullshido.net)

I am very pleased that you have stated that you will be contacting Martin Clarke as you will then discover that he is indeed my instructor and friend, and that I have made no false claims in regards to my credentials or anything else. You may even find out that I was the General Secretary of the British Combat Association for some time and have been an instructor at Martin Clarke’s annual summer camps. Just as with my Sombo credentials, every one of my other martial art grades can quite easily be verified with the relevant instructor or governing body.

Many inaccurate statements have been made against me.

Like most martial art schools I do also teach junior students, who can attain a JUNIOR Black Belt, in a specifically designed JUNIOR syllabus. They do not then become senior Black Belts when they reach a certain age, nor do they train with adult students and certainly in no shape or fashion have I ever let a Junior Black Belt teach an adult student.
    I DO NOT say that private lessons are required of my students. Rather these are an option if they are requested, as I am often asked for 1-on-1 training, especially by those who cannot commit to regular attendance of our scheduled classes. The prices of these private lessons are completely in line with similar services offered by instructors throughout London.

It is highly insulting to be referred to as a ‘McDojo’ – especially by someone as highly qualified as yourself. My school has been in operation for the last 19 years, serving my community in many ways. When you contact Martin Clarke I suggest you ask him about how he presented me with an Award of Honour for Outstanding Service. It is a great shame that someone in a respected position such as yourself can fall into the trap of making erroneous statements on rather dubious internet chat-rooms.

As of yet I have been unable to respond to these inaccurate and insulting statements on Bullshido.net as I am awaiting the registration process that I apparently most go through before being able to do so.

Yours Sincerely,

SIFU George Fitzgerald
    Master Instructor/Owner
    Tang Lung Combat Academy
    www.tanglungcombat.com

Dear Mr. Koepfer,

Further to my previous e-mail, I am stunned that you are now trying to incite some doubt on my Eskrima credentials!

Apart from receiving Kali training from my Jeet Kune Do instructor, the late Larry Hartsell, I also train with W. Hock Hochheim in his Pacific Archipelago Combatives, Filipino Combatives and SDMS systems. Please feel free to question him also about my validity.

The so-called ‘fast track’ was a one-year Intensive Instructors Program conducted by Guro Krishna Godhania, one of Europe’s leading instructors in the Filipino martial arts. If you believe that this Program is dubious, not only are you casting aspirations on my personal skill level, but you are also offending the integrity of Guro Krishna Godhania.

Incidentally, Martin Clarke has asked me if I would be interested in helping him run the Jiu Jitsu section of the International Budo Federation-UK. Not a bad recommendation for someone whom you seem to think operates a McDojo and advertises dubious rank credentials!!!

Instead of inciting matters, please refrain from making comments about me, at least until you properly check things that are said – this would be much appreciated. If, after checking any statements made by myself or those who are posting on the forum, you still think of me in a negative manner, well that is your prerogative. But, please – at least check first – thank you.

SIFU George Fitzgerald
    Master Instructor/Owner
    Tang Lung Combat Academy
    www.tanglungcombat.com
    My reply:

Again,

I do not think of you in a negative manner. My appologies if I appeared otherwise.
    As I said in my prior e-mail, I did write to Martin to clarify your bio...which I am sure he would as I know he would not let his name be used negatively. I did, verify your sambo medals for the poster. I made no judegment about your rates, or junior programs, or multitude of ranks.

On Bullshido, the term McDojo is not synonomous with Bullshido...it does not represent skill, rather it points to the commercial nature of website/schools. By that definition, I run a McDojo as well. I charge the same as you for private lessons :) I run a professional club as well and am well aware that rent has to be paid.

Thank you for the clarification on the term "fast track". The term fast track does have a negative ring to it in my opinion, but my comment was about the sound of a "fast Track" program, not specifically about your skill.

I appreciate your writting and look forward to your comments on the BS thread. I think that would clear things up.

No slander was intended on my part. Only to help answer the poster's question.

Sincerely,

Steve

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sifu George

I guess I may have caused the feeling that your Eskrima credentails were in doubt, I meant no inference on the integrity of Guro Krishna, the course is fine as is but I felt it left large gaps and should be treated as a part of your training, if Sifu Hartsell was training you as well I would certainly not doubt your level. Add to that PAC training and I would expect you to be very competent so I would put any doubts about that to rest, sincere apologies if offence was caused.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 4:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope Mr Fitzgerald's registration is processed soon, as I'm eager to learn which posts on this thread he considers libelous.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 4:06pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think this was a relatively tame and honest thread, people just look for clarification on things, its not like someone jumped out and said "omg he claims he can shoot chi balls."

i'd still like to know what a black belt in young dragons kung fu is? I'm thinking its just some kind of miscommunication.

also neither statment by me or the poster above mine about young black belts was in refrence to him but rather were general statements, i can't see anything also even close to libel. *shrugs*

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he was simply reacting from his gut. I am sure he will post when his account is verified.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 4:41pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve
    I think he was simply reacting from his gut. I am sure he will post when his account is verified.
    Hunh?

We have wait time now?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast