Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 10:50pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you're right.

Believe it or not, though I am genuinely curious.

My expectation was that there would probably be about 40% of overly modest posts, 40% humorous, and if I'm lucky, maybe one in every 5 or so that are legit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:01pm

Style: Boxing/MMA (Ex. Shotokan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    I once won a 6 on 1 fight.

Boy, we really kicked the **** out of that guy.
    Lol, nice.

Hmmm... I wish I had more experiance with people outside of my school for this. I am going to give myself a 6. I can challenge, and maybe beat, some of the black belts; which would rate me higher then that. But I no there are limits to my sparring, so that seems appropriate. (Least accurate for sure)

People I train with, 8. Pretty much explained above.

Other people? 10, but this is not my fault. So last year I ran through the USKA tournaments up to nationals (Point sparring, but just so you know in my dojo we go close to full, continous, and none of the stupid rules like no elbows) and got second (I really should have had first, it was tied up both one point away from winning, and I hit the guy in the head and nocked him over, but I didn't get the fucking point, all on video)

The real kicker was I was in the second highest skill level and only 14-15 age group (I am 16 now) but I am really tall and much better then those kids. So really, it turned out to be sadly easy. Somehow, my band instructer go wind of my second place in nationals and told everyone in the 150+ band at one practice. They just all think "He is the second best karate fighter in the nation?" not understand how untrue that is. So I have a reputation in there as being a crazy fighter (Which is partly true, I could beat anyone in there in a fight for sure). Without me actually telling anyone anything or fighting anyone. I do occasionally abuse this reputation, but not to much.

Plus I have a body build that looks just like bruce lee, eight pack and all. (Band camp = no shirt)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:04pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd probably rate myself a 4 in all ranges.

My training partners would rate me a 4 aswell.

People I don't train with probably don't think I'm very good either, because if they ask what I do I just say wrestling, and alot of people still haven't realized that it's the shizzle.

My girlfriend and her hot mates think i'm the baddest cos I can throw and submit some of my friends, so as long as they don't see any actual good fighters i'm golden.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    8 (1 year i almost made it to the Russian Olympic Team but wasn't quite good enough + it is a while back so not quite elite)

8 (Hard to guess since i now train with a world champion and other US Olympians so not quite sure what they really think of me, but I do menage to hold my on in randori, sometimes even more)

Ps. That is if we are refering to Judo, I never did MMA and have no clue how I would do there (no immediate desire to fing out either)
    Last edited by edin555; 1/08/2008 11:12pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:13pm

supporting member
     Style: boxing/muy thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    somewhere from 4-6?

and Friendly Fire is full of ****.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How "good" a fighter are you (on a scale from 1-10, with 10 being Elite/Professional caliber)?
    I think I'm a solid 3. I'm very aware of my limitations. I'm a very small guy, so no matter how good I ever get, I know that a real fight with someone much bigger than me could be very bad.

How "good" a fighter do the people you train with think you are (on the same scale)?
    3, maybe a 4? There are some folks in the gym who are bigger and have been there longer that I can do alright with, but I'm still definitely in the bottom half of the class. I try to make up for what I lack in skill with enthusiasm...

How "good" a fighter do other people who you don't train with think you are?
    It's never really come up, but seeing how I'm a nerd and scrawny, probably a 1-2.

If this score is higher than the other two (and let's be honest here in many cases it would be) do you encourage it?
    No, the last thing I need is some jerk beating me up because he thinks I'm some sort of badass.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:28pm

Style: Boxing/MMA (Ex. Shotokan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kismasher
    somewhere from 4-6?

and Friendly Fire is full of ****.
    How so? I didn't post anything amazing score wise, just a weird story. But I didn't do anything amazing in it either... I'm not really sure what to say (Remember 10 is what other people who have no idea think, not what I am rating myself by any means)

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not very good. But whatever, I'm not that good at very much in life.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:36pm

supporting member
     Style: boxing/muy thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire
    How so? I didn't post anything amazing score wise, just a weird story. But I didn't do anything amazing in it either... I'm not really sure what to say (Remember 10 is what other people who have no idea think, not what I am rating myself by any means)
    so other people think you, a 16 year old, are the equivalent of an elite level fighter?

really?

honestly, i don't care, good for you. disregard my earlier post. i declare you an 11.

[edit] and watch out for that fat kid carrying around the quads. he could probably stomp your ass. lol.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a solid 5.

6-7 if I were more aggressive and trained more.

Everyone around me thinks I'm a 1-2 because I'm pretty non-confrontational and even if they know I train they don't think too much about it. I've had some friends forget and then they would try something and end up getting thrown or something.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast