Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 3:56pm

Style: MT\KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Prepping for fight in a week!

So, offers for a fight come few and far in between from my instructor, but he said I have a chance to fight, if I want, a week from now. Ireally want to gain my experience, having lost both my previous fights, and I wanted to know if there was any possible way to be ready for a fight in a week's time.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 3:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on what kind of shape you are in right now. Have you been training as if you might have a fight any moment? If you're really on top of the conditioning side then your biggest obstacle will be getting ahold of some info on your opponent and training for their specific style. If you don't know anything about your opponent then you need to be in great condition to go in on a weeks notice.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well for a week before my fights i rest and just do some shadowboxing and running to keep my fitness up so... ask your coach

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 4:39am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't need to know about your opponent if its your 3rd fight and if your opponent is similarly matched, its just going to be who's in better condition anyway, its not like you can actually think much in a match yet. But i'd say unless your already trained for a fight there isn't anyway you could do enough training AND have your body recover well enough to have any benefit in time for the fight.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 5:45am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    well for a week before my fights i rest and just do some shadowboxing and running to keep my fitness up so... ask your coach

Ditto. A week out is time to glide, not time to buckle down. If you aint ready a week out then you aint ready.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 6:51am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Alex and Kat, if you haven't been training like you would be if you're going to fight then you have no chance of being ready. Don't take it mate.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp