222075 Bullies, 3944 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 79 Fun - Last Martial Arts Picture of the 2007 (12-31-2007)

Well Saturday night was the UFC 79 Nemesis event in Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada. Great fun, great fights. See it if you haven't. But that's not why we are here.

Who is this in the crowd? Takanori Gomi?
    He last fought in Feb. 2007, losing to Nick Diaz by gogoplata. (Later over turned by NSAC.)

This screen shot was taken during a crowd pan after the Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell.

Here's another one as Lyoto Machida prepares to enter the ring against Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou.

What possibilities could Gomi bring to the UFC's lighweight division?

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 2:01am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another picture, from a similar angle of the first crowd pan screen shot.
    http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/sho...o/6851/cat/591

Discussion of UFC 79 Nemesis here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64390
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 3:17pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christ..and I thought I was loosing my mind with the cold medicine and high fever...Takanori Gomi in a UFC gig? Does that mean anything? hummm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 6:03am

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love to see Gomi in the UFC, but you have to figure he'll just get raped by BJ Penn again. Plus every ex-Pride fighter seems to suck now in the UFC. At this point i wouldn't be surprised if he loses to some middle of the road UFC fighters like every other ex-Pride guy seems to :'(

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 3:08pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsampras3
    I'd love to see Gomi in the UFC, but you have to figure he'll just get raped by BJ Penn again. Plus every ex-Pride fighter seems to suck now in the UFC. At this point i wouldn't be surprised if he loses to some middle of the road UFC fighters like every other ex-Pride guy seems to :'(
    umm, rampage jackson?

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 11:16pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason the Pride lightweight class is 160 is that their poster boy Gomi was having trouble making 155 anymore. If he came to the US he'd likely be fighting at 170, and I don't think he'd have a really great chance in that division considering how wrestler-heavy it is.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    1/05/2008 10:59am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New internet rumours (Don't you love those?) say Gomi vs Huerta at maybe UFC 83. Which would be....April or so. Maybe in Montreal!?!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/16/2008 8:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    The reason the Pride lightweight class is 160 is that their poster boy Gomi was having trouble making 155 anymore. If he came to the US he'd likely be fighting at 170, and I don't think he'd have a really great chance in that division considering how wrestler-heavy it is.
    Are you kidding? Gomi destroys wrestlers, he is an excellent wrestler himself. Just look what he did to Ishida for christs sake.

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 1:32pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ugh, apparently Gomi has signed with World Victory Road, some Japanese promotion.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/01/2008 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Ugh, apparently Gomi has signed with World Victory Road, some Japanese promotion.
    well, hopefully they put on some good shows, so i have something other than UFC crap to watch.

i miss pride. i really wanted to make it to their new years show sometime. too bad that's not gonna happen.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast