Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 2:33pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3
    How about teaching them Aikido? Then they could run around in large groups yelling stuff like: ďGrab my wrist you stupid twinkie! Yeah, I didnít think so!Ē, doing compliant drills on each other and acting Steven Segalish.

BTW, what is a large group of Aikidoka called? There was a thread on that about a year ago but I donít remember.
    In order to act like Steven Segal, they would need to break someones arms like 6 times in one sitting, kill them, then make a sandwhich.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 2:44pm

Style: Hapkido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3
    BTW, what is a large group of Aikidoka called? There was a thread on that about a year ago but I donít remember.
    A "swoosh" of Akidoka, if I recall correctly.

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 2:52pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    That's akin to saying that sporting goods stores shouldn't sell firearms to mean people. WTF dude. It's a business, you train the people who pay you. If they are dicks in class they generally get smashed until they aren't dicks any more and the problem solves itself.
    Never reproduce please.

Infidel

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 3:25pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    why does anybody teach an aggressive, stupid prick any MA at all?
    Agressive isn't a bad thing. Agressive is greek (correct me if im wrong here) for forward. 'agresso' or something.
    To move forward. TOO much and i's a bad thing of course.

To answer your question why teach it?
    Probably a number of reasons.
    From instructors only caring about money to turning a blind eye or missing someones assholeness.

Look at cops and how many asshole i was beat up in highschool not im gonna go on a power trip' type dudes manage to become cops.
    You could ask why give asshole cops a badge?

Answer- because they can sneak by
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 3:41pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    Never reproduce please.
    Are you another anti-gun crybaby? An Armed society is a polite society and it's not the job of my instructor to make moral judgements about what I should or should not be doing with what I'm being taught.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 3:43pm

Style: MT\KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Usually in my class they get beat the prickness beat out of them, or quit. It's pretty rare for a good MA to be a prick, I think, most people who've had some years of training are better people because of it.

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 3:47pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TZ, why are you asking this question? Do you feel guilty or something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 5:50pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    The really fucked up scary psycho paedophiles are the worst. They look like you and me, you don't realize you're teaching them the d34dly until they've butchered your granny.
    Why would he be after my granny if he was a pedophile?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 6:08pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    Agressive isn't a bad thing. Agressive is greek (correct me if im wrong here) for forward. 'agresso' or something.
    To move forward. TOO much and i's a bad thing of course.

To answer your question why teach it?
    Probably a number of reasons.
    From instructors only caring about money to turning a blind eye or missing someones assholeness.

Look at cops and how many asshole i was beat up in highschool not im gonna go on a power trip' type dudes manage to become cops.
    You could ask why give asshole cops a badge?

Answer- because they can sneak by
    This along the lines of what i was gonna say. Just like the sporting goods store example. Some guy isn't gonna go into a store and say to the guy at the gun counter, i'm really itchin to shoot someone, please sell me an automatic weapon. He's going to go fill out all the paperwork, buy his weapon, and then go shoot up a mall. Or get his mama to buy him the gun. Same way that if a dude really just wants MA to beat the **** out of weaker people then he's probably not gonna announce that to his instructor. Though maybe i'm giving assholes too much credit. Either that or like GS said in the first place, the instructor only cares about money, or is to dim to notice his student's intentions.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 6:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the INSTRUCTORS at my club is back in jail again after yet another assault charge. When he came in, my instructor had to KO him (headbutt-chin) in their first sparring match after he got too aggressive, but he kept coming back and eventually became one of the instructors. He's been in and out of jail a couple times during his tenure.

I have no problem teaching/sparring with him because he doesn't bother me, **** other people.

The person that teaches such assholes is responsible for whatever actions they take to a great extent.
    I would LOVE to take credit for the guy breaking people's arms in barfights, that would be awesome, but I didn't do it, so I can't.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast