Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2008 5:55am

Style: Ju-Jitsu, Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can think of a few reasons for wanting rid of a student. A guy who went round picking fights while advertising where he trained would end up bringing both legal and less-than-legal problems to my door. I think I'd want rid of that - if I want crap in my life I'll phone the bank.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2008 12:08pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doninha
    Dude, that was my point. If a self confessed hooligan makes it known that he is taking your class just to learn how to be a better hooligan, he shouldn't be taught. If their intentions aren't that obvious, then game on.
    Doninha, I notice you have Capoiera in your style field...you don't by any chance train out of New Wave in Warwick RI, do you?

Do you do San Shou there as well?

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/20/2008 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just working on a TV report with a similar topic as this thread - only the starting motive is the arrest of Slovakia's kickboxing trainer for the national representation and WKA heavyweight world champion Patrik Matejka. He is suspicious of being the right hand of an alleged maffia boss, accused of extortion and physical abuse.

So this time it's not about a naughty student, it's about the naughty trainer - although innocent until proven guilty works in Slovakia too, so we'll see when and how he comes out from behind the bars.

I've heard voices from his home town going like "half the city was relieved when he got arrested" but some also say he just stood in the way of somebody and making a bad media presentation might get him out of business, whatever that means...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/20/2008 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A guy who went round picking fights while advertising where he trained would end up bringing both legal and less-than-legal problems to my door.
    Wrong. At least, not in my experience. Like I said, one of my fellow instructors has bounced in and out of jail since he started with us and none of us were ever even questioned by anyone.

Posted On:
    1/20/2008 3:43pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of my instructors have some criminal record, and others work in law enforcement. It has never, ever been an issue. Ever.

The whole "you could get sued if you train pr!cks" argument is bull. It's like when you were a kid and your big brother hit you and you say "I'm gona sue you!".
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617