Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 2:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Everlast Personal Boxing Timer

When I purchased this product I was looking for a smaller timer I could use when working out at home or at the gym. For $19.99 I could not pass up on this little thing.

In the package it contains everything you need to operate this Personal Timer. 3 Triple AAA batteries a belt clip and a sports arm band. The timer has a 2 time settings (2 min, 3 min) and 2 rest time settings (30 sec, 60 sec) and has a small button on the right for the number of rounds. If the user would like to increase the number of rounds he or she would just have to push the button in until the on screen display shows the correct number of rounds. The timer also includes an authentic ring side bell sound when the timer goes off, which is nice because the ones that buzz are just annoying. There is also a vibrate function on the side that is useful when you can not hear the ring for some reason. The

My experiences with this timer have been for the most part positive. Its useful to have around when your doing a little bag work at the gym or at home in the garage. With its 2 to 3 min timing it is ideal for bag, jump rope or some interval training.

The negative things I have noticed with this product is there is no way to control the sound, which is a little annoying when im in a crowded gym. Also the sports arm band I feel is a poor choice since with bag and jump rope work you are moving your arm and shoulder alot, causing the time to slip down your arm. This makes it difficult to change your times and rounds when wearing gloves.

In the end, I feel this products pro's out weigh it's cons and proves to be a worth while product for the busy MA'ist who needs a timer for the home or the gym.

This product can be purchased at: Title Boxing, Everlast Sports online, RingSide, and most sports outfitters.

Pros:
    Pocket Sized
    Vibrate Function
    Loud ring sound
    Timer/Rest Settings

Cons:
    Smaller buttons
    Slips down when using the arm band
    No way to control ring

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 2:03pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The plastic clip on mine has broken off. I'd consider the durability about a 3, as it is my second one...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 3:18pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recommend this:

http://www.gymboss.com/

I've had the everlast timer for awhile though and have been super happy with it.

Posted On:
    9/03/2008 4:21pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan
    I recommend this:

http://www.gymboss.com/

I've had the everlast timer for awhile though and have been super happy with it.
    I have never used the everlast one, but I would also recommened the gymboss. It's a little confuseing to program at first, but once you figure it out, it is easy to use and highly adaptable.

Posted On:
    9/15/2008 10:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A friend of mine has this and we use it all of the time. I really like it. Haven't had any troubles with it one bit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2009 2:07pm

Style: Filipino Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have the Everlast timer as well. I got it for Christmas and it works well. I have it clipped to the shelves I keeps my pads and stuff on. The bell is loud enough to hear and works fine for me.

I have not tried wearing it and using the vibrate feature so I've not opinion for that.

Overall a great tool to have for training home by yourself.