Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:00pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd still say get a doctor, but at least you can recheck your levels, right? You never know, they might have went back up to normal. Also, someone on this site had a tumor or something, that caused his levels to plummet. So, if they are low, you are going to see a doctor first, right? I know this is coming off as being a pompous ass, but I respect that your going back to school, so I'd hate to see you **** up your health. Good luck and study hard- it's a jungle out there!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
    So I just went to my locally owned nutrition store, and the guy there was very helpful. He told me that there's a 'wellness center' over by his gym that will do bloodwork for around $100. He told me he's been going there for years. I think I'm gonna check that out.

I also found out that his gym is the same one to which my MMA classes are moving, and I can get a 1 year membership for $240, including kettlebell classes. I'm pretty happy right now.
    Be careful...some of these new "wellness centers" are nothing more than a front to sell grey market steroids, and the FBI is shutting them down at a pretty fast rate. They justifiy the selling of steroids as HRT to people who don't need it.

There was once a firm named Powermedica in Florida that was advertising in the magazines, and a buddy of mine showed me the ad in a copy of Maxim. Right in the ad there were names of well known anabolic steroids. I told my friend that it was probably bullshit and I'll call and harass them for shits and giggles. Well basically, they told me the drugs were real drugs (and not BS supplements) and offered me potential bloodwork at 100 bucks, which is VERY cheap compared to what I'd seen in the past.

Long story bearable, my total test came back at 680 (at a point where I was under a ton of work induced stress) and based on that reading the sales person told me I'd be a good candidate for HRT. And for HRT I mean testosterone cypionate, Deca, and arimidex. I politely declined, and Powermedica was shutdown a year after the fact.

What I'm saying is, be careful...you don't want to end up being suspected of trying to illegally obtain steroids:

http://www.ergogenics.org/powermedica.html#1b

If you want, PM me the info and I'll check them out for you and let you know what I think. Regardless, read the above article on Powermedica.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:06pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    I'd still say get a doctor, but at least you can recheck your levels, right? You never know, they might have went back up to normal. Also, someone on this site had a tumor or something, that caused his levels to plummet. So, if they are low, you are going to see a doctor first, right? I know this is coming off as being a pompous ass, but I respect that your going back to school, so I'd hate to see you **** up your health. Good luck and study hard- it's a jungle out there!
    Yeah, I know what you mean. From my understanding, this guy will just do the bloodwork and send me to a proper doctor to decide on what course of action should be taken. I can live with that. I just don't want to deal witrh Labcorp again.

On the tumor thing, that was my GP's fear when she first tested me. Apparently though, they could tell I was tumor free by the bloodwork. At least that's what they told me. If nothing else, I've taken away an important lesson from all this; I need to ask more questions.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:08pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you supplement educated folks think of Relacore or Cortislim for reducing Cortisol to improve Testosterone levels?

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFukYu
    Be careful...some of these new "wellness centers" are nothing more than a front to sell grey market steroids, and the FBI is shutting them down at a pretty fast rate. They justifiy the selling of steroids as HRT to people who don't need it.

There was once a firm named Powermedica in Florida that was advertising in the magazines, and a buddy of mine showed me the ad in a copy of Maxim. Right in the ad there were names of well known anabolic steroids. I told my friend that it was probably bullshit and I'll call and harass them for shits and giggles. Well basically, they told me the drugs were real drugs (and not BS supplements) and offered me potential bloodwork at 100 bucks, which is VERY cheap compared to what I'd seen in the past.

Long story bearable, my total test came back at 680 (at a point where I was under a ton of work induced stress) and based on that reading the sales person told me I'd be a good candidate for HRT. And for HRT I mean testosterone cypionate, Deca, and arimidex. I politely declined, and Powermedica was shutdown a year after the fact.

What I'm saying is, be careful...you don't want to end up being suspected of trying to illegally obtain steroids:

http://www.ergogenics.org/powermedica.html#1b

If you want, PM me the info and I'll check them out for you and let you know what I think. Regardless, read the above article on Powermedica.
    I think this place is legit, though I'll PM you a link to the place's website.

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    What do you supplement educated folks think of Relacore or Cortislim for reducing Cortisol to improve Testosterone levels?
    There's nothing in either of them shy of Vitamin C or phosphatidylserine that may lower cortisol, and the doses in either product appear to be way too low to even touch upon this effect:
    http://www.relacore.tv/cortislim-comparison.html

In all seriousness, the best cortisol lower techniques are anything that promote stress reduction, relaxation and consistent uninterrupted sleep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this place is legit, though I'll PM you a link to the place's website.
    I'll check it out and let you know.

EDIT: Just sent you a PM back.
    Last edited by HongKongFukYu; 1/07/2008 4:24pm at .

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it appears things are looking up. It's times like this when I remember why I love this website. You guys (most of you anyway) are great.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 9:57am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    South Carolina. I haven't even checked on independent insurance. I suppose I should.

Thanks to all of you guys for the answers. It's looking like I'd better just go back to the endo and get it straightened out there. It might also help me if I go to another endo instead of the bitch I saw before. I hated her.
    I don't remember if you're near CHS, but if you are I can get you the number of my endo in North CHS who is awesome.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 11:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it appears things are looking up. It's times like this when I remember why I love this website. You guys (most of you anyway) are great.
    that's what you think.
    we are all LabCorp employees looking to lure you back into the fold and turn you into our personal pin cushion/voodoo doll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast