Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 12:25pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    I haven't read the above posts, but try suggesting that your doctor prescribe you a gonadotropin. This will cause your body to secrete more test, rather than adding it to your system directly.
    You're speaking of HCG, right?

Ultimately if he's taking drugs that are basically screwing with his hormone profile to start with, he may not be in that much better of a space in the end if he uses HCG. What I mean specifically is that certain drugs can cause an end state of GREATER suppression, even though the primary mode of action of HCG is mimmicing luteinizing hormone (LH) which signals the nuts to produce test. This sounds good in theory, but the potential downside of taking HCG is that it can actually cause a suppression of the body's natural LH, thus causing a suppression of testosterone.

A common use of HCG (SFGoon I'm sure this is not news to you) is part of a PCT (Post Cycle Therapy).

While HCG is valuable post cycle, it absolutely needs to be taken in concert with Nolvadex (or Clomid, but good luck with that).

When test levels in the body have dropped, Nolvadex will lower estrogenic response which creates an androgen deficit that signals the hypothalamus to start making GnRH (Gonadotropin releasing hormone).

When the above happens, natural test production should return to normal.

The OP asked about Tribulus, which is supposed to have the same (albeit much, much weaker) mode of action as HCG.

If I did my math right, fucking with anything that either:

1) Mimics LH
    2) Increases LH

...may be a "lose-lose" situation if estradiol levels are high to begin with...going back to my previous posts various drugs **** with the testosterone/estrogen levels in the body to begin with.

God I would love for an endo to chime in on this, but I strongly feel that using HCG may offer more pain than gain medium to long term if estrogen levels are already elevated.
    Last edited by HongKongFukYu; 1/07/2008 1:12pm at .

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 1:18pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Where do you live?

If you are young medical insurance through an independent insurance salesman can be pretty cheap.
    South Carolina. I haven't even checked on independent insurance. I suppose I should.

Thanks to all of you guys for the answers. It's looking like I'd better just go back to the endo and get it straightened out there. It might also help me if I go to another endo instead of the bitch I saw before. I hated her.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 1:29pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
    South Carolina. I haven't even checked on independent insurance. I suppose I should.

Thanks to all of you guys for the answers. It's looking like I'd better just go back to the endo and get it straightened out there. It might also help me if I go to another endo instead of the bitch I saw before. I hated her.
    No offense, but your real priority should be doing ABSOLUTELY everything to get or position yourself for a better paying job with health care insurance. Not BJJ, not Boxing, not sub grappling- get your career sorted out and cut out the pipe dreams. Yes, you probably do have low test, but guess what- you need to sort your **** out. I've had a few of the problems you list, and until you sort out the basics, trying to do the better living through chemistry is not going to work out. GO back to school or go to a trade school or whatever, but spending your last dough on drugs, especially if something goes wrong and you need further treatment for the side effects, is about as bad a plan as i can think of. Low test isn't going to kill you, and you could probably just leave a note with your doctor explaining your situation and get a refill on a one time basis. But if you can't have your bloodwork checked, what's the point. You got in trouble doing the self medicating before, now you're just switching meds. End of rant. Back to work.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 1:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    No offense, but your real priority should be doing ABSOLUTELY everything to get or position yourself for a better paying job with health care insurance. Not BJJ, not Boxing, not sub grappling- get your career sorted out and cut out the pipe dreams.
    That's why I quit my shitty, cash-paid-under-the-table construction job that I've had for the last ten years, to go back to college, you know, for the better paying job and all. I've got about a year left. I'm not sure of which pipe dreams you think I'm pursuing, but the MA's are just hobbies if that's what you mean. I train for free. Please, before lecturing, know what you're talking about.

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 1:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a very good idea. In your spare time though, I would definitely read some of the stuff previously posted regarding prescribed and recreational drugs and it's effect on your testosterone levels. Good luck.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks dude. You've given me some solid advice, and I appreciate it.

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 1:58pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why I quit my shitty, cash-paid-under-the-table construction job that I've had for the last ten years, to go back to college, you know, for the better paying job and all. I've got about a year left. I'm not sure of which pipe dreams you think I'm pursuing, but the MA's are just hobbies if that's what you mean. I train for free. Please, before lecturing, know what you're talking about.
    Good, and I'm just trying to make sure you weren't doing the opposite. Still, don't **** with the controlled substances until you get medical care. I was in damn near the same position you are at your age, so it is out of concern, not a need to lecture you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 1:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks dude. You've given me some solid advice, and I appreciate it.
    Anytime bro.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    Good, and I'm just trying to make sure you weren't doing the opposite. Still, don't **** with the controlled substances until you get medical care. I was in damn near the same position you are at your age, so it is out of concern, not a need to lecture you.
    Understood. No harm, no foul.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I just went to my locally owned nutrition store, and the guy there was very helpful. He told me that there's a 'wellness center' over by his gym that will do bloodwork for around $100. He told me he's been going there for years. I think I'm gonna check that out.

I also found out that his gym is the same one to which my MMA classes are moving, and I can get a 1 year membership for $240, including kettlebell classes. I'm pretty happy right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast