Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 2:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kobayashi Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't really concerned about this organization until I stumbled onto their list of Canadian affiliates. Several of the names immediately caused concerns because I know them and their backgrounds. One, got an on-line PHD in Martial Studies and claims it was signed by Richard Kim. Easy to use someone's name when they are dead. No one to dispute your claim. He also claims a 9th Dan. He got his pee pee slapped when he ran his Dojo advertising using the title of Doctor in it. This guy hasn't done a legitimate grading since his fifth. His main purpose in life is to create organizations which turn around and give him life achievement awards and the like. The other is a guy I know of who got kicked out of his club at Shodan level. He hooked up with various questionable organizations and now claims to teach a combination of Chibana and Matsumura Shorin Ryu styles as a 6th dan.
    I would avoid clubs that are affiliated. From what I see this organization, whatever its founding goals, seems to attract people who want the rank but not the work. This would reflect on the quality of instruction you would receive.

Posted On:
    4/26/2008 10:41pm

Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As many of you may or may not be aware, I have resigned my position as Director of Operations of the USMA effective May 1, 2008. I would be more than happy to speak to any and all interested parties. Please feel free to contact me at (314) 838-0869.

All the best,

Donn Schucker

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 2:10am

Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a possible solution to the problems of previous martial arts organizations...

Please feel free to explore our new martial arts association at:

www.iama-martial-arts.com

We wish to make the International Association of Martial Arts the best of its kind, so your suggestions and comments are welcome. Please contact me at:

ynkyinc@earthlink.net

or (314) 838-0869

Old School DM

Posted On:
    6/09/2008 8:11am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merck
    but definately not, some highlights listed on the site

Quantum Martial Arts System

The best thing about Quantum Martial Arts is that you can't block its strikes, because it is impossible to know both where the blow is coming from and how fast it is moving.

It is teh d34dly.
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123