pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soundless
    When i was little they used to put up hand drawn pictures of "bad guys" faces on the wall and we would have to do a specific form to fight each "bad guy". Pirate guy was the best, and we got to do form 3 to him!

-.- .... god i hated that place
    Dude, how old were you? I've actually seen creative drilling like this work for small children, but for anyone else that's really weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by soundless
    if i could only find a picture of harold howard from ufc 3, his mullet of canadian badassery was just awe inspiringly bad
    The only picture I could find was before his mullet days, I think:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 10:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually studied at a Villari Dojo for six years of suck. I even met Villari once. He was on a throne carried by his "masters" wearing a black belt with ten golden stripes. Then he sat, next to his seven foot tall bodyguard and watched the tournament for about half an hour before leaving.

As a child I didn't know any better. I went all the way up to black belt by the time I was 13 and thought I was hot stuff. I was not. They teach basically flurries of strikes that are totally ineffective. They do not do any proper hand and body conditioning and don't have enough knowledge of the movements to actually "perfect them". It was total crap.

When I went to college, I arrogantly joined the class of a good shotokan karate and jujitsu instructor. I was quickly shown that I suck. I started from square one. That was seven years ago.

The only good thing to come about from my villari's experience was that it taught me some martial arts schools really do suck.

Note: I didn't post Kempo as one of my primary arts. Even though I am technically a black belt, I am not proud of it.

Anyone that wants to know more about Villari's fraud, look for articles by Bob Liedke. He is a martial arts writer that knew Villari and tried very hard to expose his fraud.

AND GO TO villari.com and see the box set of DVD's that comes with a free black belt test. All you need to do is send a video of yourself doing the techniques.

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:16am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was on a throne carried by his "masters"
    Confusion: What the ****????

Note: I didn't post Kempo as one of my primary arts. Even though I am technically a black belt, I am not proud of it
    Coincidence: I don't list Karate as a style in my field for the same reason.

...Meatbag...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:47am

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    Dude, how old were you? I've actually seen creative drilling like this work for small children, but for anyone else that's really weird.

The only picture I could find was before his mullet days, I think:
    http://www.nfpl.library.on.ca/nfplin...w.asp?id=91650
    i found a pic of howard on sherdog but it was at an angle you couldnt see the mullet, i have the ufc's on my computer, if i stop being lazy i may screen cap it latter but bleh not right now.

I was about 8, and i dunno what age group you had in mind, but i clearly remember everyone complaining about how stupid the drill was [the students that is]
    Also it was unwise to post the pictures on the mirrors... small kids can get.... over zealous? shall we say... lol use your imagination.

also the majority of what we did in our forms was a single thrust punch and a million unrealistic circle blocks heh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 5:55am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MixedMetalArms
    Note: I didn't post Kempo as one of my primary arts. Even though I am technically a black belt, I am not proud of it.
    That's the same reason why I don't list TKD as one of my primary arts.

Master of the Shrimp

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 9:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    me either.

The funny thing is, guys like FV are amking tons of money. While the local Judo and boxing clubs barely charge anything and sometimes are free

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 10:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=WorldWarCheese]Confusion: What the ****????

Coincidence: I don't list Karate as a style in my field for the same reason.

Yup, He was on one of those thrones that had 4 posts comming out of it, he was carried in on it. At the time I was too young to realize how dumb it was.

On another note, what kind of karate did you do? If it was Kempo karate, then I understand. I really like traditional Karate. Although I do know that taditional karate can be taught by crappy teachers at times.

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 10:58pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goju Ryu, my school was an off-shoot of the Meibukan.

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 11:01pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dam! carried in on a thrown. What a dousche bag! even worse than I thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 11:11pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe someone had video taped the thrown thing, I tried to find it but no luck so far.
    Sad, cuz im sure everyone would get one hell of a kick outta that video
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast