Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 6:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    There are a lot of versions of “Kempo” or “Kenpo” around.
    Kempo is basically basic Karate stances and strikes with Jujitsu / Aikido wrist, arm throwing and ground techniques, and also some Chinese 5 Animal style mixed in.
    Origins point to the same place Karate was born, Okinawa.

“That’s it” no fancy ‘twin daggers’or other techniques like they use
    out in Mid to Western U.S Kempo scools.

Villari and a bunch of others,broke away from the original Kenpo style and added there own techniques to it.
    I can vouch for Villari.. I will not say how I know.. but he does know how to fight.
    I do not like, how he and others have made Kempo / Kenpo into a chain of fool schools.

People believe that they know “authentic” Kenpo, afterlearining it from one of these chain schools, or one of these guys that claim “I know the real Kenpo style of James Mitose”, again wrong… Mitose learned “some” Kenpo in the U.S. It still did not originate from here. I am one of the few people that know the truth.
    And what “real” Kenpo is all about, having studied it for over 20 years now.

I can also vouch for Kenpo as a true fighting system. I have used it in self-defense.
    If you do not think Kempo / Kenpo is effective.. look at Chuck Liddell..
    seems like Kempo a pretty good base for MMA, Hmmm? :5wow:
    Anything that sells it's self using the word "Shaolin" is BS. Prove me wrong!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 11:04am

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stridercrowe
    You're from CT eh? I wonder if it was at the same dojo that I went to (Milford)..
    nope at the time [I was 8] I was taking it in wallingford or meriden [i took a class at villaris and another at some kungfu place, and now i get them mixed up] But he's got schools all over.
    Your tag only says former kempo? planning on getting back into MA? if you do you should come by our school, we have a great program.

I can also vouch for Kenpo as a true fighting system. I have used it in self-defense.If you do not think Kempo / Kenpo is effective.. look at Chuck Liddell..
    as said this is an over used argument, this is ignorant at best. He has also studied boxing, kickboxing, muaythai kickboxing, wrestling and BJJ to say thats a good argument that shows kempo is a good base is that same as saying.... **** i lack an analogy, quick someone give me one! But you get my point! Just because its helped you doesnt make it an actual good system to learn, it sets your base up wrong to defend takedowns, the striking is NOT as good as boxing/muaythai etc, etc etc
    :deadhorse

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 11:14am

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny3443
    Anything that sells it's self using the word "Shaolin" is BS. Prove me wrong!
    www.shaolinkempo.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krood1
    that website freezes my browser everytime i go to it, geez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 11:24am

Style: Shotokan, Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the mystical powers of Shaolin. Its in the Villari lineage...not a Villari school though. I think instructor is real deal just happens to be in this lineage so it drives people away.

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 4:21pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a lot of versions of “Kempo” or “Kenpo” around.
    Kempo is basically basic Karate stances and strikes with Jujitsu / Aikido wrist, arm throwing and ground techniques, and also some Chinese 5 Animal style mixed in.
    Origins point to the same place Karate was born, Okinawa.

“That’s it” no fancy ‘twin daggers’or other techniques like they use
    out in Mid to Western U.S Kempo scools.

Villari and a bunch of others,broke away from the original Kenpo style and added there own techniques to it.
    I can vouch for Villari.. I will not say how I know.. but he does know how to fight.
    I do not like, how he and others have made Kempo / Kenpo into a chain of fool schools.

People believe that they know “authentic” Kenpo, afterlearining it from one of these chain schools, or one of these guys that claim “I know the real Kenpo style of James Mitose”, again wrong… Mitose learned “some” Kenpo in the U.S. It still did not originate from here. I am one of the few people that know the truth.
    And what “real” Kenpo is all about, having studied it for over 20 years now.

I can also vouch for Kenpo as a true fighting system. I have used it in self-defense.
    If you do not think Kempo / Kenpo is effective.. look at Chuck Liddell..
    So you can vouch for villari, but you won't say how! yeah riiiiight! wich one is it, to deadly! or he beat you up? I know! maybe he one a Kumite over in Asia!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 6:46pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real question is... where can I get a uniform like that? Where the **** do these people get their sweet gi(s)!?!?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer
    The real question is... where can I get a uniform like that? Where the **** do these people get their sweet gi(s)!?!?!
    in house, when i was there they had every imaginable outfit for sale lol.
    More importantly, we should all wear white sneakers with our black gi's from now on!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 6:57pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ Way ahead of you man, I wear my KSWISS!

Master of the Shrimp

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 8:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing that guy is killing is a six pack and a pizza.

Hey, think about this: How many fakes and scam artist in MA have bad hair? I mean Sin The, Villari, Rudy, etc.
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast