Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 28 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/26/2013 10:48pm

Style: banging katje

Hell yeah! Hell no!

I can count watch me troll

i've tried both and barenkuclee is definitely worse, for the short term at least.. a barenkuclee punch hurts A LOT more than one padded by a boxer's glove

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 1:45am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

wiccaman, I can't comment on English/Welsh law, but I can comment on U.S. and Canadian criminal law. One major area that is different: any reactions by a trained martial artist are not compared to other reasonable people, but rather of other reasonable trained martial artists. Therefore, as a black belt trained in one of these arts, you will have more responsibility over your actions. You may be held criminally liable for reactions that you make, that a non-martial art trained person would not be convicted of.

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 1:54am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Good question.. aikido seems like it would be one of the best and most practical martial arts to know. I'd like to know why aikido and ninjutsu are attacked so much here on bullshido, more than any other style.. have most of the guys who attack it, maybe haven't practised these arts long enough to see how effective they are? Or have people tried it and really think they suck?

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 3:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Killer View Post
    wiccaman, I can't comment on English/Welsh law, but I can comment on U.S. and Canadian criminal law.
    On what fucking grounds can you comment?

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 3:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good question.. aikido seems like it would be one of the best and most practical martial arts to know. I'd like to know why aikido and ninjutsu are attacked so much here on bullshido, more than any other style.. have most of the guys who attack it, maybe haven't practised these arts long enough to see how effective they are? Or have people tried it and really think they suck?
    Seriously?? You have a 180 post right before yours in this very thread that pretty much answers your question as well as a number of other threads that cover this target to point of ad noxium.
    Why should it be restated yet again?

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 3:41am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I came back for this?
    Mother of God!

[Edit] wait, it was worth it after all, as I've just seen Rivington's new profile pic
    Last edited by Ignorami; 6/27/2013 3:44am at .

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 5:29am

Style: Judo, Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why YOU suck.
    Like others said "its practicioners attitudes". You fit the bill by not reading the thread and commenting on things you don't know about. YOUR attitude sucks.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 7:37am

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good question.. aikido seems like it would be one of the best and most practical martial arts to know.
    Orly? Tell me more.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 7:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Judo, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here's why Aikido sucks:

This is my Judo/BJJ instructor going up against an aikidoka in a friendly randori.

I assure you, Mark is going at 40-50% in this roll, tops. They could've rolled for hours and the aikidoka never would've even come close to getting him to the ground.

And yes, I have trained with many aikido guys and have trained in aiki-jujitsu myself. Aikido has some good concepts, but they only become applicable when you mix them with other, more realistic, arts.

Posted On:
    6/27/2013 7:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The aikidoka version of the event:

Ok, time to set the record straight. I'm the aikidoka in the video. As most of you have figured out it was NOT a real competition. I agreed NOT to do any joint locks or distracting atemi and see if Mark could unbalance me. So, yes I was playing Judo as an experiment. Additionally, he's a san dan with a lot of competitions under his belt. I didn't even know it was on video until it turned up here, it was nothing more than a friendly "lets see what happens". There is no valid comparison since, as you can plainly see he is not attacking as any aikidoka needs an uke to do in order to perform technique. Also, the Ma ai is no good for me either as most of you have noticed, we could have knocked each others teeth out with no technique at all. I'd never let anyone that close on the street or in an uncontrolled environment.I freely admit to never being able to take advantage of him given the agreed upon parameters but, again I'm not a judoka. I had put on a seminar at his dojo because, they were interested to see the similarities and differences in the respective arts. Some of you get it, some don't and some should think before they speak or put anything in print and show their foolishness and inexperience.
    http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=77
    Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug.
Page 1 of 28 1 234511 ... LastLast