Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 8:10pm

Style: BJJ (blue)/Judo (blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Resurrecting this thread again!

Tonight's the last night of training for Burnaby Catch. They're shutting down for the summer to hopefully begin again in the fall sometime if they can find a venue. I'm checking it out 800-930 pm. Tonight is ground work night so it should be more fun for BJJ types.

ShiroNinja, are you coming out tonight? You should also check out West Coast BJJ/MMA in Burnaby. They reopened in another location this week, down on Kingsway close to MetroTown. I'm going to check that out next Tuesday or Thursday. http://www.jiujitsulife.com/location.htm#burnaby

On another note, July 5th is the submission series here in Vancouver. I might actually be officiating (awesome way to get in for free and maybe score a t-shirt). If anyone's interested: http://submissionseries.com/ it is happening very close to anyone in the Burnaby/East Van area. Might be good; they have both submission only no-gi and traditional BJJ rules going.

I also really think it's time to meet up for another Lower Mainland throwdown. Who's in?

Anyone? Beuler? Beuler?

Posted On:
    6/24/2008 8:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey dude.

My work schedule is pretty weird so i can never plan anything. I have barely even worked out since i last saw you. we need to secure a better location for another meet-up if we want to do that again. y'know, a place with like....mats and stuff.
    :new_all_c

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2008 8:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Neil, if you check earlier in this thread, I mentioned that we do have a place to train, right here in Burnaby:

http://www.columbiamartialarts.ca/rental.html

We just have to get a couple of people together to defray the rental cost. I contacted the guy but he never quoted me a price and I didn't pursue it because there were no definite plans for throwing down.

Anyone else interested? I'm actually getting in both judo and BJJ these days but I'd love to get together for some striking or no-gi grappling.
    Last edited by Hemant; 6/26/2008 8:38pm at .

shadow weight

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemant
    Resurrecting this thread again!

Tonight's the last night of training for Burnaby Catch. They're shutting down for the summer to hopefully begin again in the fall sometime if they can find a venue. I'm checking it out 800-930 pm. Tonight is ground work night so it should be more fun for BJJ types.

ShiroNinja, are you coming out tonight? You should also check out West Coast BJJ/MMA in Burnaby. They reopened in another location this week, down on Kingsway close to MetroTown. I'm going to check that out next Tuesday or Thursday. http://www.jiujitsulife.com/location.htm#burnaby
    Nah missed Tuesday 'cause my building was having a yearly strata meeting! That jiujitsulife place moved to Kingsway now so they are less lucrative to me. =(

... likely the closest / best school to Brentwood though so I may wander over next week or two as well.
    Last edited by shironinja; 6/27/2008 11:25am at .
    Now or never.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 12:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ShiroNinja, let me know when you're planning on checking out west coast BJJ. I'm going to be there next on Tuesday.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    7/09/2008 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That BJJ / MT place is a good choice. Horrible website but best training in the mid-Burnaby area.

However I've decided I'm too lazy to be biking back / forth the 5 km for 3 classes a week.

I'm gonna just gym it up for the summer and stick to the beach... then more wrestling in the fall.
    Now or never.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 12:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ShiroNinja: the gym and the beach sound like good spots for the summer. I hope your technique doesn't get too rusty! West Coast actually has more than 3 classes a week; they've added wrestling and no-gi/mma to the curriculum. I guess if someone had the energy, they could train there every day. I'm just managing twice a week at best, though.

We should get the Vancouver throw-down crew together for a round of crappling on a 3' by 3' mat in some tiny classroom once again this summer (see videos earlier in this thread...). Any takers?

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 3:57pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Vancouver friends!

I'll be in town mid-August to visit family and do some white water rafting. Maybe even visit the island a bit. Still working on final confirmation of dates, but would love to get together with some of you.

What say ye?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 10:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PizDoff: the Vancouver throw-down crew has actually only gotten together once (see videos earlier in thread). If you're in the Vancouver area, feel free to come check out West Coast BJJ/MMA. Not technically in Vancouver but close enough. See the link a few posts back.

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 11:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yay! count me in. i'll buy the first round lol
    :new_all_c
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 263233343536 37 LastLast