Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253132333435 3637 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2008 9:05pm

Style: BJJ (blue)/Judo (blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Shiro: I haven't seen you at catch recently. What's up? And did you ever end up checking out that BJJ class in the Golds Gym?

I guess the Vancouver throwdown crew is on hiatus eh? I'm finally getting all my stuff shipped out here so as of May, I'll be fully equipped to get something going. I'm down for anything: grappling, striking, gi or no-gi. I'd love to try to get a regular group together at that Columbia MA place.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2008 11:30pm

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you guys say we make an effort to come next sat? I've been just going to the gym trying to get buff before summer Edit: The Bigger You Are, The Harder They Fall mentality right now hehehe. I wanna get back to martial arts already!
    Last edited by derrickv; 4/19/2008 11:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2008 11:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Derrick: maybe you and Cracky can have a pose-down instead of a throw-down. He should be getting pretty buff these days too. Geez, now everyone's going to outweigh me by like 50 pounds instead of just 30. I've been doing like, 20 push-ups a week, and I still can't seem to get a decent pump going...

But seriously, next weekend I'll actually be in Victoria but after that, I'm game. And like I said, I'll be getting my gear in May too so if anyone's down for striking/mma, we could get that going. If we could confirm numbers one weekend, it would be cool to get a better space than Langara Y, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 11:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehehe yeah when I get ripped enough I'll pose a pic here, I challenge Cracky to a BODYBUILDING contest! hahaha

Aight, maybe next week? Can't wait to grapple again and test out some new muscle hehehe Edit: BTW, no cheating, no steroids and what not hehehehe
    Last edited by derrickv; 4/26/2008 12:04am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/09/2008 11:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Vancouver throw-down posse: I have finally received all my gear from Montreal. I'm up for some action. Is anyone down for next weekend?

On another note, ShiroNinja: how's your knee? When you're all mended, I want to go check out the West-Coast BJJ class in Burnaby sometime to do some gi-grappling. We should go check it out together.

Anyone else interested in gi let me know. We can get a crew together to dojo-crash...

So anyway, about the throw-down, seriously this time. Next. Week. No. Excuses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 12:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in next week, seriously this time

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 11:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey dudes. Man, I got two days of training in one week for the first time in over a year! Burnaby Catch on Wednesday as usual and tonight I checked out West Coast BJJ in Burnaby. Run by a DelaRiva brown belt. Pretty good class. I think I'm going to join up there. Reasonable too at 90$/mo for unlimited membership. The level was pretty high, I thought. Only whites in the class tonight and I struggled. Some of the dudes I rolled with were definitely at a blue level. It was good to do gi after so long. I'm going to check out their MMA/no-gi class next time.

As for Saturday, I should be free for 3 or 4 if anyone is into another throwdown. Sunday is a no-go but Monday is cool since it's a holiday.

Let me know dudes.

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 2:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    working all weekend. sorry guys.
    :new_all_c

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 9:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Derrick: or anyone else for that matter. If you have a gi and this throwdown doesn't seem to be happening, we can go check out the BJJ in Burnaby. It's 11-12. If we're not throwing down, that's where I'll be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/31/2008 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, I'm just posting again (almost due to a sentimental attachment to this thread...) to see if anyone's interested in rolling in the Vancouver area. I've started training once in while with West Coast BJJ/MMA. Their Burnaby location is closed for a while but I'll be at the PoCo location at 12:30 on Sunday if anyone is interested in doing some gi. I know it might be a little far out for Van people but here's the link in case:

http://www.jiujitsulife.com/location.htm