Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 1:46pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe
    Woah, this guy OBVIOUSLY knows his stuff. I mean, just check out the way his students perform armbars! Only a master grappler knows the secret of the thumb-pointing-downward armlock!
    http://lionhearttifton.com/gallery2/...g2_itemId=2525

--Joe
    That's how the cool kids do it these days. I'm no grappler but I know how to do a correct arm bar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 1:46pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I call immediate Bullshido on this school and will now provide lots of reasons:

1. Teachers qualifications are questionable at best, Mr. moore clearly earned a black belt in TKD in a reasonable time frame, however he earns a teaching cert. for modern arnis with no listed previous experience.

2.He has listed no boxing experience yet holds a boxing coach certification [which if you watch the video of his mma student, is also questionable]

3.earned a 2nd degree BB in american karate with no listed previous experience

4.FOUNDS the universal kenpo/jujitsu style with no listed experience in kenpo OR jujitsu and instantly promotes himself to 5th degree BB

5.The wife earns TKD blackbelt in two years of study, quits and then comes back nearly a decade later and earns her second degree bb in two years, what she didn't get rusty after all that time?

6.They offer a grappling class with no listed certifications or qualifications in this department and only once a week, while mentioning the ufc, pride and ifl, name checking anyone?

7.They claim their grappling class consists of traditional jujitsu [jjj], modern arnis, wrestling and "brazillian/submission ground fighting", yet once again, other then modern arnis he lists no qualifications in wrestling, jjj or bjj.

8.the fighter who appears in the MMA video fights like a tkd fighter, we've had a number of tkd guys transfer into our school and they all fight like that at first. The punches are crap, they are not getting their legs, hips and shoulders into it and wont do any damage, and worse is the kick, its a typical point sparring kick, he is not pivoting his front leg so he has no power or follow through and he's crossing his legs on the way down, nice easy take down would follow that.

someone should immediately initiate contact and seek explination of these points.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 1:48pm

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woah, this guy OBVIOUSLY knows his stuff. I mean, just check out the way his students perform armbars! Only a master grappler knows the secret of the thumb-pointing-downward armlock!

--Joe
    Well you can see that the guy being armbarred is tapping so it must work. Maybe he's a freak & his elbow bends the wrong way.

There is so much shite on their website that it would probably take months to wade through it all. There sure seems to be an awful lot of kids pics in the galleries, I wonder if their parents gave permission to have their kids pics & names all over the net. I'm not a paranoid person but I do know that when my son was young (he's 17 now) I'd be pissed if someone posted his pic, his name and where to find him. But I've seen a lot of m.a. schools do exactly the same.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 1:53pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright. who's going to email the guy to get a list of HIS instructors that qualify him to teach grappling?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    alright. who's going to email the guy to get a list of HIS instructors that qualify him to teach grappling?

well... you're from ga, his school is in ga... feel like taking a ride? lol ok i honestly have no clue how far he is from you but i think it would be worth grappling with him

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 2:01pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, just watched the Training 5 video. Here's my (admittedly novice) opinion on the shadow boxing towards the end:
    • His jabs seem awkward to me. Upthrusting instead of straight, and a bit weak.
    • His stance is too upright. He's not putting any hip or leg weight into his left hand strikes.
    • His guard is too open. His hands are too low, and leave a few big holes for his opponent to exploit.
    • Side kicks? Worse, stationary side kicks. To the head. This kid's gonna be taken to the mat pretty much at his opponent's will.
    • Thigh-to-head snap kick combo. Neither has a great deal of power, the way he's throwing them. Again, he's going to get put on the mat if he tries these weak, telegraphed head-kicks

Honestly, I feel bad for the kid. He's gonna get demolished. I'll be surprised if he lasts a whole round against someone with either kickboxing or grappling experience.

--Joe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 2:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i wish his school was closer, why do all the amazingly bs schools have to be out in the middle of nowhere? i would settle for him being as close as jersey so we could trick him into going to naga [and be able to witness it]

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 2:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's about 3 hours from me and Wolf. About the same for Whiteshark I think. We could pick a weekend and roadcrew down there to check them out. We'd have a lightweight, a middleweight and a heavyweight with us for the full spectrum of beats.>:)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 2:19pm

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

--Joe

Well here's where this young man got his armbar technique:

http://lionhearttifton.com/gallery2/...g2_itemId=2593

His instructor/master/teacher/sensai/sifu showed it to him and he's doing it exactly how it was taught. This pic alone shows how qualified Mr Moore is to teach grappling. Makes ya wonder WTF!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    He's about 3 hours from me and Wolf. About the same for Whiteshark I think. We could pick a weekend and roadcrew down there to check them out. We'd have a lightweight, a middleweight and a heavyweight with us for the full spectrum of beats.>:)
    thats great, someone just needs to email him and get his side so we can find out where this training magically comes from
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast