Administrator

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 10:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toneloc069
    Thank you for the response. And your points are with merit. However we will have to agree to disagree on the JKD class at RU.
    Then show us where he teaches an art that he called JKD.
    Posting a link to a curriculum that INCLUDES JKD, Tae Kwon Do, Advanced Karate, and Jiu-jitsu supports
    However I have never taught an art or style and called it JKD. - Jerry Beasley
    not yours.

He may include JKD or whatever he can legally call it in his curriculum. He is certified to teach the concepts according to Joe Lewis and Dan Inosanto.

What are the names of his schools?

*edit*
    The information was presented for others to make up their own minds about, not presented in a manner as to sway the readers opinion one way or another. Thus, the lack of comments on my part and the presentation of numerous sources from different sides of the topic.
    You added this later. You told someone to follow the rules. You choose not to follow them yourself.

Apparently, you fail to understand this website. We get that quite a bit here. People think you can post anything with out qualification in MABS. You can't.

I told you what the rules are here. Like I said, you tell someone to go to another website yet, you can't follow rules yourself.

That's called being a hypocrite.

Please post what you are trying to do with this thread not just cutting and pasting articles, emails, letters, and forum speeches with no background.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/04/2008 10:55am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 10:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: No style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    • Did I search to make sure there is not already a thread about ths?
    • Check
    • Does my thread fall into one of the above mentioned categories?
    • Check
    • Do I plan to be an active participant in this thread after the first post?
    • Check
    • Am I creating this investigation thread for any reason other than a vendetta?
    • Check
    If Dr. Jerry Beasley did not teach the class labeled JKD, who did? And from my research it appears Dr. Jerry Beasley runs the curriculum for the Martial Arts program at Radford University.

So if he claims to have never taught JKD, then who taught the class at RU?

If you fail to see the correlation here we may reach a stale mate.

Last edited by Toneloc069; 1/04/2008 11:22am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 12:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do I plan to be an active participant in this thread after the first post?
    No you didn't until I called you on it remember this response?
    The information was presented for others to make up their own minds about, not presented in a manner as to sway the readers opinion one way or another. Thus, the lack of comments on my part and the presentation of numerous sources from different sides of the topic.
    Am I creating this investigation thread for any reason other than a vendetta?
    Remains to be seen.

I would be thankful of you to please not be disrespectful towards Paula or any other member of the Inosanto family in this thread.
    This shows bias IMO.

So, you had failed on two of the four before I asked you to follow the rules.

Please show us where he claimed to have never taught JKD?

Semantics mean quite a bit in your assumptions.

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 12:06pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is his rank (9th dan) in. It cannot be Karate, so it must be in Kickboxing, since Joe Lewis promoted him. Joe Lewis was promoted to 10th dan in Kickboxing by Michael Dipasqualle Sr. (sp) who is a Jiu Jitsu guy.

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 12:42pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    • Check
    • Check
    • Check
    • Check
    If Dr. Jerry Beasley did not teach the class labeled JKD, who did? And from my research it appears Dr. Jerry Beasley runs the curriculum for the Martial Arts program at Radford University.

So if he claims to have never taught JKD, then who taught the class at RU?

If you fail to see the correlation here we may reach a stale mate.

I could be wrong but it looks to me like Beasely is distinguishing between "JKD"= JKDC= Inosanto, and "Jeet Kune Do" in the course list is his own thing

i.e
    However I have never taught an art or style and called it JKD. - Jerry Beasley
    The screen cap actually supports Beasely if this is the correct interpretation
    They killed JFK in '63, so what the **** you think they'll do to me?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 1:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: No style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no interest in playing games with kids on the internet.

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 1:26pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no interest in playing games with kids on the internet.
    This isn't To Catch A Predator, your private life is your own business
    They killed JFK in '63, so what the **** you think they'll do to me?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 1:33pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then get off the website. You raised an issue and it is being debated. Only children get upset when people don't agree with their assessment.

Yes, I'm calling you a child playing games.

You posted stuff claiming he doesn't know JKD.

Someone found a certificate proving he did JKD.

There are enough Bios around to prove Joe Lewis learned JKD. Whether it is Karate based or not is irrelevant. He trained with BL in JKD.

There are enough links to show Jerry Beasley trained some "form" of JKD with Joe Lewis.

He used a curriculum that contained JKD as part of a degree program.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 3:15pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonelock69,
    If your point is to say that jerry beasley did not train with guro Dan but, as Paula Inosanto has falsely claimed only took notes then the post by Japan Junkie displaying the certificate from Mr.Inosanto for completing 57 hours of training in jeet kune do and kali and written to Jerry beasley prooves that paula was either mistaken or lying.

If your point is to say that mr.beasley said he never taught an art or style and called it jeet kunedo is false...uh, first you say he has no training in JKD then you want to prove that he did teach JKD as a college course?

Since anyone may take a JKD concepts seminar on any given day and learn absolutley nothing about Bruce Lee's art of jeet kune do, instead they receive instruction in kali or any number of other arts, how do you know that Dr.beasley isn't telling the truth when he says he never taught an "art" or "style" and called it jeet kune do?

Joe Lewis was a personal student of Bruce lee's. That is a historical fact. If Bruce lee taught Joe lewis jeet kune do and Joe Lewis then taught someone else what Bruce lee taught him how do you know that is not jeet kune do. Ted Wong trained with Joe Lewis at bruce Lee's house. Are you calling Ted Wong a lier too? Have you not read how Dan Inosanto endorses Joe Lewis in the book about Bruce Lee training Joe Lewis in jeet kune do?

Let's face the facts. Paula Inosanto wrote a letter in 1993 to refute the claims of several people mentioned in an article that pushed the idea that Bruce Lee's art of jee kune do called original jeet kune do was very much alive and could be taught. The publisher named Curtis Wong rejected the letter as false and libelous and refused to publish the letter.
    You have singled out Dr.Beasley this time, why.?he was only one of several that Paula accused of being either taught by her husband or not being taught at all. Her point was that in the opinion of her and her husband none were "qualified" to speake about sigung Bruce Lee.

Answer this question, after all these years why has no magazine or no book publisher ever published Paula's letter? Isn't it because she knowingly lied about the people she mentions and could not back up her false claims? You would think the Inosanto's would want to burry this embarrasingly fales accusal of leading jkd personalities.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2008 3:36pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

credentials

Found this on the Jerry Beasley web site:
    Timeline
    1995: Promoted to 8th dan JLAKS (also signed by Bill Wallace and presented with top-name martial arts personalities in attendance, including Gokor Chivichian) *** so he was actually promoted to 8th dan by both Joe Lewis and Bill Wallace****

1996: Heads college division at World Conference in Washington, D.C., with 108 countries represented. Promoted to Full Professor, Department of Excercise, Sport and Health Education, Radford University.

1997: Produces through Panther Video a tape series entitled JKD Scientific Street Fighting

1998: Featured on the cover of Black Belt magazine; promoted to 9th dan tae kwon do (World Headmasters Sokeship Renmei, Europe); JKD Hall of Fame (England)

1999: Receives 9th dan from Professor Wally Jay and Professor Michael DePasquale, Sr. (IFOJJ), with Joe Lewis and Bill Wallace (who received 10th dan) in attendance

2000: Receives U.S. patent and trademark for inventing the Road Rage Reducer "Polite-Lite", an inter-vehicular communication device. Publishes "The Jeet Kune Do Experience."

2000: Inducted into the Black Belt Magazine Hall of Fame as "Instructor of the Year."
    2001: Receives 8th dan and becomes president of American Moo Duk Kwan Council as designated inheritor of the system from first (1968) instructor, Grand Master Whitman Davis, 10th dan.

2002: Publishes "Mastering Karate" for Human Kinetics; Completes a 100k grant for the National Institute of Health on Road Rage

2003: Introduces first "mixed martial arts" national association (WFMMA) at Karate College.

2004: Poses for his second Black Belt Magazine cover.

2005: Special Guest Instructor for Black Belt Magazine Hall of Fame Reception and Seminars.

Here are some of the credentials listed for Dr.beasley. The actual diplomas from Joe lewis and the 9th dan presented and signed by Michael DePasquale sr (10th dan)and prof Wally Jay (10th dan) can be found at www.aikia.net.
    It only took two seconds to find that website Tonelock69 since they advertise in every issue of black belt magazine, with the images of the actual diplomas. The diploma from Dan Inosanto is on another page marked media ( who says dan inosanto does not teach jeet kune do?).
    Toneloc69, I can't find anything here that doesn't appear to be on the up and up. I think you have made a mistake, or did you know that before you made the thread?
    Last edited by Kickbox; 1/04/2008 3:39pm at . Reason: spelling
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast