223967 Bullies, 4095 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 77
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Xramlark is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    30

    Posted On:
    1/01/2008 4:38pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submissions

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's marketing for ya. Maybe there's someone that has enough money and gives enough of a damn to produce a martial arts version of mythbusters. I'd set aside 30 minutes of my life to see someone throw a real deal chi ball on network TV. Matter of fact, I want a Ninja to punch someone in their chest as hard as he can on the show too.
  2. nasreal is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    400

    Posted On:
    1/01/2008 4:47pm


     Style: Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xramlark
    That's marketing for ya. Maybe there's someone that has enough money and gives enough of a damn to produce a martial arts version of mythbusters. I'd set aside 30 minutes of my life to see someone throw a real deal chi ball on network TV. Matter of fact, I want a Ninja to punch someone in their chest as hard as he can on the show too.
    Dude screw that we just need to get the mythbusters to do a MA episode. Just get enough people to suggest it. That would be one great episode if done right. i mean come on, they already did a ninja episode.
  3. Hooded Justice is offline
    Hooded Justice's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    926

    Posted On:
    1/01/2008 8:02pm


     Style: Justice/Firearms

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that all the martial artists were different sizes removed any idea of science from the first show and will probably be the same for this one. That being said I still did enjoy the last one for sheer entertainment value and will watch this one expecting a laugh or two.
  4. bbyoshi147 is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    1/01/2008 11:59pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mythbusters did a semi-"ninja" episode, regarding stopping a sword with your hands, and walking on water etc...
  5. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 12:08am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aw ****. More of this ****. Does anyone remember how horrible the original Fight Science was?
  6. Airman Kai is offline
    Airman Kai's Avatar

    AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Scott AFB, IL
    Posts
    1,536

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 12:08am


     Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This show caters to the half-wits in exactly the same manner as the previous special.

    You already have a ton of kids/adults who think ninjitsu is teh deadly because they saw it on TV, and now that stupidity is coming to MMA? Tragic.



  7. Shard is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    340

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 1:42am


     Style: I know Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by airman kai
    This show caters to the half-wits in exactly the same manner as the previous special.

    You already have a ton of kids/adults who think ninjitsu is teh deadly because they saw it on TV, and now that stupidity is coming to MMA? Tragic.
    A little half-wit on ninjitsu another half-wit on MMA, maybe we'll get a full wit and it won't be so bad. Or it'll just be twice as bad...
  8. Goldust is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Scottsdale,AZ
    Posts
    256

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 2:38pm


     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "and his (Couture) blows generate double the force of a heavyweight boxer's best punch."

    I have all the respect in the world for Randy Couture as an MMA fighter but in what alternate reality does he hit harder than any even marginally skilled professional heavyweight boxer? It isn't like he's exactly been a one punch KO machine in MMA. He usually has to wear guys down a bit before he stops them. Even with 12 ounce gloves on I would bet that Samuel Peter easily hits twice as hard as Couture does with 4 ounce mma gloves.
  9. h_sh_m is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    339

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 3:53pm


     Style: Injured for 1+ years

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldust
    "and his (Couture) blows generate double the force of a heavyweight boxer's best punch."

    I have all the respect in the world for Randy Couture as an MMA fighter but in what alternate reality does he hit harder than any even marginally skilled professional heavyweight boxer? It isn't like he's exactly been a one punch KO machine in MMA. He usually has to wear guys down a bit before he stops them. Even with 12 ounce gloves on I would bet that Samuel Peter easily hits twice as hard as Couture does with 4 ounce mma gloves.
    They didn't say they would compare the exact same strike. This is typical of their voodoo science approach. My guess is, to get the results they want, they'll compare a Couture elbow to a boxer's punch. The force exerted on a smaller surface area with the elbow will guarantee more pressure at the point of impact.

    If they're real bastards they'll compare two things that are completely incomparable like a couture slam or kick to a boxer's punch. Or perhaps Couture shooting a gun compared to a boxer's punch. ...maybe Couture pushing the button on an atomic bomb's detonation sequence to a boxer's punch. It's Fight Science baby!
  10. Goldust is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Scottsdale,AZ
    Posts
    256

    Posted On:
    1/02/2008 4:26pm


     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right, they don't specifically state that Couture punches harder but that his "blows" generate double the force. Which can be loosely interpreted to mean anything, elbows, slams, etc. It's pretty much guaranteed that they will twist and otherwise manipulate the results to get whatever result that they've already decided before hand that they want. After all didn't the first Fight Science determine that Ninja's had some kind of "death blow" or some such bullshit or am I mistaking that for another show?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.