Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 5:00pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting write up that was made. Granted I hate the new UFC stuff (mainly anything 2000 and up) and am not a general fan of MMA, but it did seem pretty bad this year. I find team based fighting to be good, I don't think there's a large enough fan base and publicity for it to be really something.

I don't like the IFL, mainly because they fight in a 5 rope boxing ring. I personally believe that MMA should only be done in an octagon like the UFC.

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 5:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [Counter Tirade]

Upset About Upsets

How were the upsets a bad thing? You don't like being surprised? Or having an underdog train hard and win against the odds? Whats wrong with you?

A Loss of Pride

Pride shouldn't have had shaky finances and dubious backers. All the top fighter fill still fight and you'll still be able to watch them in UFC and the other top promotions. Pride wasn't this mythical fighters utopia, it was just a promotion, get over it.

Un-Natural

Randy's "Retirement" will end when a fight with Fedor is on the table. Given the state of the Heavyweight division, is there any point in him fight anyone else?

Death Becomes MMA

Sam Vasquez died from a pre-existing medical condition.

Juice, itís Whatís for Breakfast

Steroids having been invented and used in the year 2007. Previous years all contained all-natural fighters.

ĎRoids Okay, Weed BAD

Diaz being punished for using an illegal (Whether it's performance enhancing or not isn't an issue) substance is a POSITIVE sign, stricter controls on substance abuse is welcome, and will spread to the rest of the world, or not, who cares? Promotions that operate under lax controls will find it hard to expand globally, and fail *Cough* Pride *Cough*.

Boxed

Jesus, every field sport, hockey, football, rugby, American amour ball etc. all take shots at each other, the only difference is they don't respond like this: "Box0rz say MMAz is ghey! WAR!! Box0rz will be pw3ed soonz MMAz will take overz". Idiots.

Worth the Wait?

You kidding me? Injuries happen, and the longer the wait, the better the build up. Because of Serra's injury, we now have a highly anticipated unification bout with GSP and thats before Serra fights Hughes, so instead of one grudge match we now have a unification match and a long awaited meeting of two fighters who really don't like each other, like Ortiz/Shamrock but this time both guys can fight.

TapouT

Annoying, but putting money in up and coming fighter pockets.

Unwanted Growths

Growth is growth, there have always been gimmicky versions of every sport (XFL anyone?) it doesn't do any long term damage or any damage at all.

MMA Movies

Crap films tank, or at the very least don't get released abroad, which is more important than ever these days for motion pictures. Any Given Sunday made it over here because it was good, I haven't heard of a american Football film other than that one.

The Best Goes to Waste

Fedor Emelianeko made his decision, it was stupid and greedy. He'll pay for it by not having any quality opponents and having his reputation as a fighter fade or he'll come crawling back to the UFC, in which case he'll rise to the top again.

2007 has seen some phenomenal fights, seen some unknown or lesser known fighters grab opportunity with both hands, train their asses off, and beat big name fighters. MMA continues to grow, and with it the number of well written articles by mainstream media on MMA. 2007 was a great year for MMA, and the momentum generated will make 2008 even better.

[/Counter Tirade]
    Last edited by Odacon; 1/01/2008 5:14pm at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did Royce NOT get his win over-turned?
    The California SAC doesn't take away wins for failed tests, just gives suspensions/fines. Royce DID win the fight, sad as it was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 6:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only saw TapouT once and the whole time I was thinking to myself, "I can't BELIEVE this is a real show." They should have ripped off TUF format, that actually would have been a lot better. I like getting to know both fighters so I know who to root for.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 6:57pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The TapOut show was horrible. Watching dudes in drag and face paint run around acting all badass (the TO Guys).

It isnt what MMA needs.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess some people could go and get pissed off about every little thing that happened this year. I personally don't view this as very bad year; rather, I view it as a year where a lot of remarkably interesting things happened. Honestly, the only thing that I'm really bitter about is that they cancelled Tank vs. Kimbo. FUCKING WHY, GOD, WHY?!?!?!?!

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 7:17pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you shmucks with the whole "Waaaaa, there no good for the sport!!!!" Crying about TapOut and upsets and bad role models. Nothing is bad for the sport. Got that? Someone died in MMA and guess what? MMA is still around and noone gave a **** about it. I didnt see any news articles calling for the end of the UFC or anything.

TapOut is a good show. How do I know this? Theyre on tv and your not. I think they know a little better then us whats good for the sport, considering, you know, they sponsor fighters and help with the sports popularity and all.

I like TapOut I like TUF I like any MMA related show for the most part. I like upsets. I like a shady orginazation that fixed fights and let people roid up go out of business because now we get to see who is really the best. I like Randy doing whatever the **** he wants because its his choice and he can do what he wants (I DO WHAT I WANT!!!).

Glad I got that out, you may now commence with "not good for the sport" comments, but be forewarned, your gay.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    **** you shmucks with the whole "Waaaaa, there no good for the sport!!!!" Crying about TapOut and upsets and bad role models. Nothing is bad for the sport. Got that? Someone died in MMA and guess what? MMA is still around and noone gave a **** about it. I didnt see any news articles calling for the end of the UFC or anything.
    Are you fucking serious? You mean you havent seen not ONE article of how bad MMA is? Of how its full of thugs and tough guys?
    You are a fucking dumbass moron like your boyfriend sock puppet Sirc.

TapOut is a good show. How do I know this? Theyre on tv and your not. I think they know a little better then us whats good for the sport, considering, you know, they sponsor fighters and help with the sports popularity and all.
    ATA TKD is a good MA, how do I know? Because its leaders are 8th degree BBs and youre not.
    Wow, thats pretty good logic there dumbass.

I like TapOut I like TUF I like any MMA related show for the most part. I like upsets. I like a shady orginazation that fixed fights and let people roid up go out of business because now we get to see who is really the best. I like Randy doing whatever the **** he wants because its his choice and he can do what he wants (I DO WHAT I WANT!!!).

Glad I got that out, you may now commence with "not good for the sport" comments, but be forewarned, your gay.
    I guess you are home for Christmas break and using your second account huh?

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 8:12pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, Im not home from Christmas break.

Michael Vick was not bad for the NFL. People dont really give a **** aboutt hat kind of stuf. Yea, theres a big media hype, lots of people talk about it and the NFL is still here.

Baseball had a big roids scandal. People were pissed. Baseball is still around.

Lots of pro athletes do stupid **** and are major league butheads but that doesnt stop or do anything really bad for the sport.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 8:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nah that's his only account
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast