Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 2:05pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whiteshark + Macho: Sometimes you guys are freakin geniuses, and sometimes you are both retarded. In order to put a larger size PVC pipe handle on your gadgets get a stack of washers that fit the lag bolt you are using but also fit inside the pipe you want. Shouldn't be that hard to find them in the appropriate sizes. A box of 50 will run you like 12$. stack a couple of them on your lag bolt with some nuts on either side to avoid unwanted movement.
    Tada.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 2:42pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_pelt
    first let me say i've been training with tires for a little while now and have several sizes for what ever i'm gonna be doing. one average size, one of my old high performance, and some large truck tires, allows dif weights and sizes without the addition of weights. and having the dif sizes allows for more resistance, or less resistance. just something to think about.

i've got another really simple one for you, its for stretching, all you need is a rope or cord, and an eye bolt. you know one of the bolts with the loop on one end and the bolt part on the other. heres the build eye bolt into ceiling, rope thourgh eye bolt with a slip knot on on end. the rope should be long enough to reach the ground on both ends. to use it you put your foot in the loop made by the slip knot and useing the eye loop as a pully stretch your legs.

i find it makes it really easy to do some stretches that are a little harder without a training partner to help hold your leg up. and its expecially usefull after a good hard leg workout.

sorry for the lack of picture, hope my poor discription is good enough.
    Cool that you mention that method of stretching. Incidentally I found a collection of clips on youtube on how to stretch using resistance bands, which is pretty cool. The method in the clips and the one you suggest more or less work the same on how to hold a limb without a partner.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 2:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Whiteshark + Macho: Sometimes you guys are freakin geniuses, and sometimes you are both retarded. In order to put a larger size PVC pipe handle on your gadgets get a stack of washers that fit the lag bolt you are using but also fit inside the pipe you want. Shouldn't be that hard to find them in the appropriate sizes. A box of 50 will run you like 12$. stack a couple of them on your lag bolt with some nuts on either side to avoid unwanted movement.
    Tada.
    ****, that sounds excellent... but man, now we are talking about $25 (not counting the PVC pipe and the lag bolt.) Man, with that cost, this invention be better than the "perfect push up" thingie.

*** adding two boxes of washers to my Home Depot "grocery" list ***
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 4:51pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think of the washers and nuts as an investment though, they let you increase the grip size on other things too.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelpong2
    Damnit! You lured me here with your misleading thread title!
    I should have known when I saw that El Macho started the thread that it would be something like this...but still, like you colonel, I had hope.

Posted On:
    1/22/2008 5:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha, sorry to dissapoint you guys :tongue3:

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 12:17pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHAHAHA! Screw washers! Pool noodles are the answer! New monster sized grips with 100% more pool noodle:

The large diameter gives a great grip workout and they aren't overly soft like you might think.

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 12:19pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whiteshark has the brilliant again. I wouldn't have thought they would provide the kind of grip needed. Most excellent.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pool Noodle for the win!!!

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 1:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    HAHAHAHA! Screw washers! Pool noodles are the answer! New monster sized grips with 100% more pool noodle:

The large diameter gives a great grip workout and they aren't overly soft like you might think.
    AAAAAGH, you bitch!!! You beat me to it. Good for you to come with a solution.

Just right this second I was pondering on some problems that could come with the washers. This is certainly the way to go.

Is the pool noodle secured/glued to the bolt? Or do you have to grip hard to control the bolt?

I ask because one concern I had about the washers was that they would have to be glue to the handle. Otherwise, there would be no way to grip the handle and prevent the PVC from flipping to the side (and twist the crap out of the wrist.) :dead:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast