Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stuff with PVC, Chains, Tires, Belts, Ropes, Bands and Crap

We have had a couple of threads discussing sled training and similar stuff, including pushing and dragging stuff. In those discussion, the idea of using a tire (which provides a lot of #@! friction) popped a couple of times.

Well, pushing a tire is good ****, a good way to end a workout. I experimented with one just a couple of hours ago, and I strongly recommend it. A larger individual should be able to push with one leg at a time, but for me, I had to use both.

I hope this **** is useful for some you bitches!!1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4tcZHO_EtQ
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 2/19/2008 7:14pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:41pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice! Now hit it with a sledge hammer!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Do-It-Yourself Stuff with PVC, Chains, Tires, Belts, Ropes, Bands and Crap

Well, I've had some free time in the last couple of days, so I decided to make some **** at home. The first thing was a pair of rings, these ones made with PVC pipes and chains (I stole that idea from Ross Enamait's forums.)

I haven't hung this stuff yet - I'm installing some swing handles off a 4x12 beam. I will post a pic of me doing this ****. Hopefully it will work and won't split my head open (clickable thumbnails below):

First, I got two 24"L x 7/8"OD PVC pipes, two 10-ft long zinc plated chain (545lbs workload limit), four 1/4" quick link (880lbs capacity) and four 4" swing hardware (screw type, nylon bushing, 150lbs capacity). Some of that hardware can be seen below:

Next, you pass the chain through one of the pipes and secure the ends with one of the quick links:

Next, you bend the PVC pipe until it makes a loop. You use another quick link to secure the ends together:

The end product looks like this.

I still have to hang the swing hardware on the beams. Supposedly each hardware has a 150lbs workload capacity. So each pair can handle 300lbs. Somehow, I don't buy it. Paranoid me, I'm going to install four, in pairs.

Warning: don't try to build one with ropes. The pipes flatten out very badly with ropes. The chains prevent the pipes from folding, making a nice loop.

So help me ${DEITY} I'm not gonna break my **** when I'm swinging from that contraption.

Next, I call this *** cue drums *** El Macho's balls of grip... jk... but not quite. When I was getting the stuff from Home Depot, I saw these things in the lumber department:

I don't remember how they are called. They are decorative crap you put on your 4x4s when building a fence or deck. Anyways, they are excellent, me thinks, for gripping.

First, you remove the screw from them. Use a plier, not your teeth.

Once you remove the bold, apply a bit of strong glue and drive an eye screw into the hole. Make sure the eye screw is longer and thicker than the bolt originally removed. Then pass either a chain or a rope through the eye, which you can use to hang weight plates, dumbbells and ****:

Don't just grip the ball with the eye pointing downwards. Try to do some bicep curls with the eye screw moving parallel to your forearm. The closer it gets to the horizontal, the more difficult that it gets.

Enjoy and happy new year. I'm gonna get me some chicken and booze now.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 1/01/2008 10:46am at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Achievements:

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 6:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuatro76
    Nice! Now hit it with a sledge hammer!
    I actually hit the crap out of it for several rounds (you can see the sledge hammer laying on the bottom left corner). Man, I'm tired :dead:

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 7:56pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    interesting. i have a couple of old tires I pound the **** out of with a sledge hammer.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 8:49am

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the grip contraption, looks interesting.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 10:17am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those work great for Isometric exercises as well. I have a plank of wood with eyebolts that I can attach mine to, and you can do an amazing array of Iso stuff with just that. (also taken from Ross...)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 1:43pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like the idea for the rings, I need to get started on some of those as soon as I figure out a place to hang them.

Another fun and easy to make piece of training equipment is a pair of parallettes, on which a variety of bodyweight exercises can be performed http://celtickane.com/projects/parallettes.php

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 7:10am

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, being able to build your own would be good since you could adjust how high the bar gets elevated, and maybe use thicker pipes too.

Achievements:

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 9:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I just merged two threads ("tire pushing" and "DYI Equipment") into one. That should be better.

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast