Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 6:35am

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so this was my first, and i suppose last, pride event. it was awesome. a few key moments.

akiyama/misaki fight. dude, when akiyama got his face kicked in everybody jumped to their feet screaming, high-5ing, hugging. it was out of this world. i never thought i'd see that in japan. also, the lead up video for akiyama was hilarious, i dont know if you canfind it on the internet, but it kept splicing in pictures of an oil of olay bottle and squirting lotion, very funny. also, misaki kept doing this faint double front kick thing, but it looked more like he was skipping rope or something.

aoki was in deep **** in his fight. everyone was stunned, and it kind of put a damper on the evening, it being the last fight and all.

melendez got beat by ishida, that is all there is to it. i would say though that ishida didnt do much damage to melendez besides for one big slam.

on the way back home, i ended up on the same platform as sakurai. its pretty cool that he rides public transportation. anyways he is a cool guy and was happy to shake my hand and accept my congrats. fucking awesome.

overall a great event, and they seemed to keep hinting about another event, but i think it was just talk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2008 6:14pm

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, in case everyone was wondering about the kids Akiyama supposedly let down, this was his intro before fighting Sakuraba. Apparently getting a lot of child MA practitioners to follow you out is a popular ring entrance (Park Yong Soo has a bunch of little TKDers doing a kata before an entrance in a K-1 Korea fight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m4IL2KDptA

Oh, and here's the prefight video, complete with disturbing bottle of Oil of Olay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDtm9ZqGAU4
    Last edited by yodaman; 1/01/2008 6:17pm at .

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 12:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** was up with Kazuo Misaki vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama? Akiyama fucking puts Misake down with shots that would have any UFC referee (or non biased Japaneses ref) stopping the fight- but they let it go, he recovers and turns the fight around with a kick to the head and the ref stops it immediately. This is either a great demonstration of unfairness, or how not being so quick to stop a fight can change the outcome.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 12:48am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    What the **** was up with Kazuo Misaki vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama? Akiyama fucking puts Misake down with shots that would have any UFC referee (or non biased Japaneses ref) stopping the fight- but they let it go, he recovers and turns the fight around with a kick to the head and the ref stops it immediately. This is either a great demonstration of unfairness, or how not being so quick to stop a fight can change the outcome.
    Misaki hit the ground immediately trying to establish guard, Akiyama hit the ground with his arms at his waist and limp legs.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 2:03am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, while Misaki was in serious trouble at that point, he was still able to defend himself which is different from being motionless.

Also, Saku39, you were on the same platform as Sakurai? That is so awesome. I sort of wanted another KO win for Mach, but I guess complete domination is good enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 2:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yep, same route home as sakurai. he eventually got off the yamanote at sugamo if anyone wants to play stalker.

did anyone else see jean claude van damme in the ring with fedor after his win. i could have sworn it was him, except he seemed maybe too tall to be van damme. anyone know what i am talking about?

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 2:46am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never saw JCVD, but I heard one of the commentators mention him being there.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 2:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fedor looked happy to see him! happier than winning actually...

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 2:51am

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After the armbar, I fast forwarded it to the next fight, so I must have missed that. I'm going to go back and watch it now.

edit - Yeah, that was him
    Last edited by SpringHeeledJack; 1/02/2008 3:01am at .

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    1/03/2008 12:37am

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea it was JCVD and it was awesome.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast