I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:07am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Confessions of an American student Martial Artist

So being in college and racking up as many experience points as I have in the last few years, I have a few confessions to make.

First know this. I have adventures. A lot of them in fact. I have adventures because they allow me to gather up experience and gain new perspectives on life and how to go about it. I never really made the connection with how RPG's work until recently with this whole thing. I travel, I learn and I ask questions constantly to know what is going on and to see how I can live a longer life and learn much faster than normal.

I am also spoiled. I live a great life and can afford, with the money I make, to go around, train with some of the best you can train with. I can afford to do stupid **** like skip class and travel a few hundred miles and waste a weekend learning something I'll probably never use. I was blessed to know the people I know and to meet the people I've met. I have been given a lot of wisdom and knowledge and I am glad for that.

But I am still stupid as ****. Blame it on youthful stupidity or maybe being an upper-middle class American. Whatever it is, I still have a lot of leveling up to do. After reading up on a lot of Buddhism, Catholicism and other various religions. I have found that they have a few things in common. One of the more prominent ones being confession. So here are my confessions as an American Student trying to find his path in Martial Arts.

Confession #1

I think fighting is stupid. I think that it is retarded and gets everyone nowhere. I think it is perfectly necessary, but should be done in a controlled environment wherein the participants can fight and there is a clear and definitive winner using whatever means available to him on his person after being checked for weapons of any kind.

There is enough fighting in the world and fisticuffs are retarded. Most people don't even know why they're hitting the other person and even more people don't know how to do it correctly. People who don't know what they're doing, shouldn't be doing it.

Also, these days, when you fight someone, it doesn't end there. The wannabe hard-asses out there who lose will find you and try to hurt your family and your loved ones because they're faggots and have small tiny penises. It is stupid and nobody benefits from it. You cannot fight someone and then get over it like men anymore. Winning is EVERYTHING now. People will literally KILL someone if their pride is on the line. It is more stupid than anything I have ever heard of. Sometimes it makes me want to swallow barbed wire and pull it out of my ass and floss myself to death because of how retarded it is.

Do I try to avoid fights? No. Not really, in fact, I'm pretty candid and upfront to most people about what I say to them. Has it caused problems in the past? Yes. Have I learned from it? Not really, I haven't gained enough experience points from it to learn from it yet. Here's hoping though.

The end.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:35am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Confession #2

He likes to dress up in Anna's fairy wings and championship belts. And lingerie.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 5:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is no crime in my city so it's cool

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 7:22am

Style: MT\KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sound like one of those people who have enough money to care about such things and make conclusions. Good for you, I guess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 8:16am

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHNK
    You sound like one of those people who have enough money to care about such things and make conclusions. Good for you, I guess.
    I like this argument, but the truth is, if you had the money, you'd probably be in the same situation.

I kinda see Sushi's thought process with it all, and have been wondering for some time why I fight (only in class, the whole fisticuffs things doesn't happen.... Or hasn't yet, at least) and sadly, I haven't really found a reason other than I just enjoy it. I'm content with that answer, and that's why I continue to hit people at my local McDojo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 10:53am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to go around, train with some of the best you can train with.
    for tkd? or was that ballet?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 12:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DHNK
    Being independently wealthy is pretty neat. You should try it. It's really easy.

Here's the steps:

1. Get really good at a single needed skill.
    2. Find someone you know to hook you up with a job.
    3. Work.
    4. Profit.

It's easy as that. I probably make more money than 80% of the board and I can still go to school at the same time AND train.

I like this argument, but the truth is, if you had the money, you'd probably be in the same situation.

I kinda see Sushi's thought process with it all, and have been wondering for some time why I fight (only in class, the whole fisticuffs things doesn't happen.... Or hasn't yet, at least) and sadly, I haven't really found a reason other than I just enjoy it. I'm content with that answer, and that's why I continue to hit people at my local McDojo.
    If you read my dojo review here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ewpost&t=64116

You'll find that I think people do MA's for 3 reasons.

1. To preserve the art.
    2. To observe the culture.
    3. To roleplay.

Everyone goes through these three phases. I'm just trying to conquer all three at once. It's pretty awesome.

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 12:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best thing about being independently wealthy is being able to afford two bullshido accounts.

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 12:40pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    confession #3:

I shot the sheriff and the deputy and had my way with thier wives.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 1:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Confession #2

I waste my afforded talent and ability. I'm pretty lazy because I exert so much effort everyday into everything that I do. When I get home, I stay there. If I don't go train right after work, it's not going to happen.

I'm pretty athletically inclined as it has been genetically gifted to me. Everyone in my family has great athletic skill. My sister is a semi-professional dancer for a hip hop team. My brother is kicking everyone's ass in tennis in this region and he's only been playing for 8 months. There isn't a kid his age that he can't figure out how to beat. The rest of my sisters are dancers and are doing extremely well competing and what not. I however squander it. I do other things like free running, ballet, airsoft, gymnastics, etc. etc. If I focused all of my energy on fighting, I would probably be extremely good. Example: Tae Kwon Do. Once I focused completely on Tae Kwon Do and I won the state championships twice in a row. And even then, I didn't really put much effort into it because I'm a lazy fucker. I was suposed to train 5 times a week at 2 hours a day. I trained maybe 2-3 times a week and like 1 hour a day.

I have been working diligently to break this habit and cycle though. So let's all hope for the best.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast