Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 1:27am

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Holy Hell, I need to cut waterweight

I need advice from wrestlers, or anyone else who's had to cut a lot of weight in a short amount of time. I don't need anyone preaching about whether or not cutting a lot of weight in a short time is healthy, blah blah blah. I understand full well what cutting weight is like, but now I'm a bit too heavy and need a few extra tricks up my sleeve. I'm lookin' at you, Vihn.

Saturday was my birthday, and my family took me out to dinner. On top of that, the whole day I was like, "Oh, I shouldn't refrain from drinking insane amounts of water, it's my birthday, I do what I want!"

I also have the fortune (or misfortune) of having an accurate bathroom scale and relatively easy access to a treadmill. Having weighed myself, I'm over. Way over.

Nine pounds over.

And I need to be on weight Thursday.

I'm already sleeping in a sleeping bag under eight blankets (if I can only fall asleep), and for the next two days I'm gonna be running in heavy clothing. I've got my meals planned out.

To give you some perspective, it's like this: I need to be 119, and I'm 128. Sleeping in a sleeping bag, I'll be 127 after breakfast tomorrow. Lunch and dinner will be small and to-the-point meals with controlled amounts of water, negated by my urination throughout the day. Running cuts around two pounds, bringing me to 125. Sleeping bag, 124. Repeat what I did the day before, 122, then wrestling practice in sweatpants and a hoody brings me to 119, and hooray, I'm on weight.

That's my plan assuming everything goes perfectly. It won't. I'm probably going to have to hit the treadmill twice on Tuesday, which sucks BALLS. If you've ever run three miles wearing a hoody, sweatpants, training jacket, and some heavy winter coats, you know what I'm talking about. I like running- but with all that clothing, it really starts to suck.

When I say I have relatively easy access to a treadmill, I mean I have relatively easy access to a health club (JCC, basically a Jewish-themed YMCA) which is equipped with a sauna. How much weight does a sauna really cut? How easy is it to use? Would I go in there with clothing? How much?

Any other suggestions?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 1:37am

Style: various cma's

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you could start with a high fiber diet to help **** out all the garbage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 1:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have salad for dinner every day, pretty much for just that reason. Can't get enough fiber. But remember, I'm thinking over the course of three days. This is short-term weight loss, not long-term.

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 1:46am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    drink, drink, drink all monday, then stop drinking tuesday. suck ice cubes if u gotta intake water. no food, no water except for high fiber on tuesday. nothing wednesday till weigh ins. fiber bomb, take fiber supplements. sauna with a sweat suit on. just make sure someone's in there with you. i dropped 10 lbs in a day once in a sauna with a sweat suit on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 1:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously? I get to drink on Monday? Hooray! Can I start drinking now? Why is it so important that someone's in there with me? Am I afraid I'll pass out or something?

My diet was going to be very high fiber. Here, let me give it to you:

Breakfast: Whole wheat bagel
    Lunch: Cucumber, granny smith apple
    Dinner: 'Lil bit of salad

Breakfast: Small amount of Honey Bunches of Oats (almond)
    Lunch: Some sort of vegetable, another granny smith
    Dinner: 'Lil bit of salad

Then it's the day before a tournament and, well... we both know what that's like.

Oh, and can I start drinking now? And ditch the fucking sleeping bag? Can't sleep with that thing...

Edit: Oh, and in case you thought otherwise, weigh-ins are first thing in the morning, so I need to be 120 after practice Wednsday to be in the clear.
    Last edited by Uri Shatil; 12/31/2007 3:40am at .

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 2:43pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you drink lots so your body wants to piss. then u drink nothing so the pissing parts of your brain can piss out all the liquid before it goes into survival mode.

eat only cereals. no fruit. **** has too much liquid. and no salt!

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Questions: When is your weigh in on Thursday? Is the tournament on Thursday or are you getting a day to recover and re-hydrate?

I would ditch the sleeping bag, your going to want to have proper rest if your going to compete. Your diet seems fine, except for the apples, if you really feel like your starving have a hard boiled egg. Be carefull of your sodium intake, it will make you retain water.

I agree your should drink a **** load of water today; this gets your body used to urinating a lot and you should still be pissing like a horse evan after you start cutting back on the water intake. as far as not taking in any water I recomend not drinking or eating eactly 24 hours prior to weigh in.

Lets say for example you have your weigh in at 11 am on Thursday. On Wendsday at 11 am stop drinking and eating. Try to get in a good sweet Thursday day. If you feel like your going to die, drink capfulls of water, but try not to overdue it. If you get starving, buy some Luna bars and eat half of them. They will fill your belly but don't weigh so much.

On thursday you should try to get a sweet in, probably a suana will be the easiest, but if not possible try to workout. Your going to feel terrible, but the lack of eating, drinking, and sweating your getting you should be fine. Also, get some gum to get your mouth salivating and spit into a plastic bottle throughout the day. I know it shounds crazy, but it will help remove some water weight.

Keep in mind the above advice is assuming you are competing on Friday and have a night to recover and hydrate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weigh ins are at 7 AM. As it is now, I should be fine if I stick to my plan. Tournament is 7 PM the same day, and we are allowed to be three pounds above by the time of the tournament. We bring kitchen scales to weigh our breakfast and lunch.

I'm definitely going to spit tomorrow. In the morning, I'll grab a fiver, walk down to CVS and get three packs of Big Red. That stuff makes you salivate like Hell.

I think I'll cut the apple from tomorrow's lunch, and have only a cucumber (unsalted, of course).

I'm not going to use a sleeping bag the day before the tournament. I need my rest. I was actually considering it, but now that you pointed it out, I've definitely decided not to.

That just about covers everything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 8:57pm

Style: Wrestling, bjj, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uri Shatil
    Weigh ins are at 7 AM. As it is now, I should be fine if I stick to my plan. Tournament is 7 PM the same day, and we are allowed to be three pounds above by the time of the tournament. We bring kitchen scales to weigh our breakfast and lunch.

I'm definitely going to spit tomorrow. In the morning, I'll grab a fiver, walk down to CVS and get three packs of Big Red. That stuff makes you salivate like Hell.

I think I'll cut the apple from tomorrow's lunch, and have only a cucumber (unsalted, of course).

I'm not going to use a sleeping bag the day before the tournament. I need my rest. I was actually considering it, but now that you pointed it out, I've definitely decided not to.

That just about covers everything.
    what is the organization in charge of the tournament, because if I understand you correctly several NFHS(national federation of high schools which sets the rules for the interscholastic competition in most states) rules are being violated here

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2007 9:44pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid
    drink, drink, drink all monday, then stop drinking tuesday. suck ice cubes if u gotta intake water. no food, no water except for high fiber on tuesday. nothing wednesday till weigh ins. fiber bomb, take fiber supplements. sauna with a sweat suit on. just make sure someone's in there with you. i dropped 10 lbs in a day once in a sauna with a sweat suit on.
    that is hardcore.....

i might want to ask my promoter to let me fight at welterweight for my next fight and try that
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast