Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 11:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrusher
    My on-topic question: have any of you gentlemen found a complex (i.e. blended) protein that doesn't contain sucralose? I hate that stuff.
    Jay Robb makes both a whey and an egg protein (I believe Fatherdog said he uses the egg protein) that are 100% natural...the sweetener is Stevia, and they are both actually pretty good.

Unfortunately I'm addicted to Cytosport's Cookie's N' Creme flavor (which has sucralose), but I've used the Jay Robb chocolate whey in the past and definitely found it palatable.

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 11:50am

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFukYu
    Jay Robb makes both a whey and an egg protein (I believe Fatherdog said he uses the egg protein) that are 100% natural.
    Single-source egg and whey proteins without sucralose are pretty easy to come by. For example, I like ON Gold Standard Natural Whey.

What I was looking for was something like this, sans sucralose. So far as I can tell, complex protein blends taste like BCAAs (super bitter), which leads manufacturers to sweeten the hell out of them. When they use a natural sweetener, the label has to read "gainer" because of the calorie count involved, thus sucralose.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 1:09pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just make my own mix at Protein Factory and don't add any sweetener. To be fair, I don't make any shakes that are just protein so I have no idea whether that would be palatable, but I believe Stevia is one of the options if you need sweetener.

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 2:34pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu
    I just make my own mix at Protein Factory and don't add any sweetener.
    That's just what I was looking for. Thanks!
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345