Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/30/2007 4:42am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gym Fighters Hiroshima

From the moment you walk in the door you are greeted with a friendly, permissive atmosphere, which puts you at ease and in good mind to train. The gym is located on the second floor of a car repair shop, thus has ample space for a ring, open training area and free weight gym.

Aside from moving to Yokohama or Tokyo where the big names are, its hard to find a gym that accomidates all of your training needs in one location. Gym fighters provides not only the tools, but also the skills necesary to not get your ass beat. The gym offers plenty of free weights, but also 3 or 4 ex-professional fighters as trainers. When not teaching a class, they are friendly, knowedgable and always willing to help with training advice and one on one training. The place also has a nearly complete free weight room with a squat rack, bench press, several treadmills, various machines for arms, back and legs, and all of the dumb bells, bar bells and curl bars you could want. Another plus is that they have several sand bags so there's usually not a wait to use them. Lastly, the gym holds amatuer boxing competitions 4 or 5 times per year with most of the other local gyms.

Probably the best thing is the price: 4000 yen (about 40$), which is pretty cheap in the area (in Japan). the gym is open 7 days a week satrting at 12 and closing at around 11 depending on the day (national holidays are closed as well as one sunday a month). There are kid's classes saturday and Sunday afternoons and adult classes starting at 8pm most days. Mr Shimomura also has a boxercise class during the days too while the kiddies are at school. (Aptly named mommy boxing)
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by jubei33; 1/19/2008 5:53pm at .

Posted On:
    2/15/2008 2:02am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi there

I may find myself in Hiroshima shortly. I was looking for places to train and saw your review. Is the gym still open? How close is it to Hiroshima station? Is it fairly downtown? Also, are there any other boxing or kickboxing gyms in Hiroshima aside from Gym Fighters or are they the only game in town? Thanks very much

Posted On:
    2/17/2008 7:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No there are plenty of other gyms in the area. there is strikers gym downtown in hatchobori. They have a good muay thai program from what I've seen. Theres plenty of karate, aikido and judo around too. Several gyms (generic karate, exercise and a kyokushin) are located close to Yokogawa eki too. In the prefectural gym there is also a BJJ club thats open, but I haven't been able to get over and check it out.

I live outside the city, so my gym is not very close to either eki, but you can take either a bus to get there or (if you dont mind a 5 or 10 min walk) the astram line. The closest JR stop is probably shimogion (10-20 min walk). If its your first time in the city I'd recommend getting better directions. If you're interested I can give you maps to most of these places, just PM me about it and I'll scan you a copy.

what are you coming to hiroshima for, if you dont mind me asking? Teaching?

Posted On:
    2/26/2008 11:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi,

Wow thanks for that reply, lots of great info, sounds like I'll have a good choice of places to train. Sorry I took a while to reply I'm not online a lot these days.

Yes I may be coming to Hiroshima to teach. I've made it my first preference, reason being I have family in the area. However my placement might end up being in Kyoto or Osaka.
    I have been to Hiroshima a few times but I've never really wandered around on my own or gotten a newcomers feel for it, I just know the road from the bullet-train to my uncles house hehe. So if I do end up in Hiroshima I'll definitely hit you up for those maps and buy you a beer or three when I get there. Fingers crossed, I should know within a week or so.

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 12:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These posts are pretty old, is this place still open? I'm moving to Hiroshima and was hoping to give something like this a try. May Japanese isn't great, would that be a problem?

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 8:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, forgot to update this.

Yeah, its still going on, but it moved to a better location closer to Yokogawa station, right on one of the main bus routes. I don't know where you'll be coming from, but if you want better directions, I can help out. Also, the Japanese isn't too big a difficulty as some of the gym trainers speak some English, but if you choose to join then you'll have to fill out forms and stuff. You'll need a bank account as well and the fee is now like 6000 yen/ month I think.

I could probably help set you up if need help, but It'd would have to be in a couple of weeks, I'll be all over until then.

Here's what the gym looks like now. mUch cleaner and a little more space. I don't know what your skill level is, but they try to be open to all skill levels. The better skilled guys usually train in the early to late evenings with the big days being MWFSat. Wednesday has a kickboxing class from 8 and boxing is whenever. 5-7 is the aerobics/beginners boxing classes.

M-F 12:00 - 10:30 Sat-Sun 12:00-9:30
    days off: 5,15,25 of the month, plus national holidays

所在地   〒733-0007

広島市西区大宮1丁目26-4
    Hiroshima city, nishi-ku, Omiya 1 choumei 26-4

℡ 082-509-5586(GO!GO!ハロー!)Fax 082-509-5585

http://gym-f.main.jp/
    map

best of luck,

Dave
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 3:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei33 View Post
    Heh, forgot to update this.

Yeah, its still going on, but it moved to a better location closer to Yokogawa station, right on one of the main bus routes. I don't know where you'll be coming from, but if you want better directions, I can help out. Also, the Japanese isn't too big a difficulty as some of the gym trainers speak some English, but if you choose to join then you'll have to fill out forms and stuff. You'll need a bank account as well and the fee is now like 6000 yen/ month I think.

I could probably help set you up if need help, but It'd would have to be in a couple of weeks, I'll be all over until then.

Here's what the gym looks like now. mUch cleaner and a little more space. I don't know what your skill level is, but they try to be open to all skill levels. The better skilled guys usually train in the early to late evenings with the big days being MWFSat. Wednesday has a kickboxing class from 8 and boxing is whenever. 5-7 is the aerobics/beginners boxing classes.

map

best of luck,

Dave
    Dave,

Thanks for the info. I'll be living in Hatsukaichi, but working in Naka-ku which seems to be close to this gym. As for my skill level: never done any MMA (outside of karate classes when i was in elementary school) so I'm an absolute beginner. Think that will be a problem? I'm just kind of looking for something to get in better shape that might be a bit fun at the same time.

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 5:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo85 View Post
    Dave,

Thanks for the info. I'll be living in Hatsukaichi, but working in Naka-ku which seems to be close to this gym. As for my skill level: never done any MMA (outside of karate classes when i was in elementary school) so I'm an absolute beginner. Think that will be a problem? I'm just kind of looking for something to get in better shape that might be a bit fun at the same time.
    no not at all. Most of the guys at the gym just want to get in shape. The reason why I like this place is they let you choose how far you want to take it. If you want to exercise, they'll work with you on it and give you a program and help you best that goal. If you want to fight, they have experienced instruction for that too and hold regular local tournaments/amateur fights.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei33 View Post
    no not at all. Most of the guys at the gym just want to get in shape. The reason why I like this place is they let you choose how far you want to take it. If you want to exercise, they'll work with you on it and give you a program and help you best that goal. If you want to fight, they have experienced instruction for that too and hold regular local tournaments/amateur fights.
    That sounds awesome. I'll definitely be checking it out once I arrive and get settled. Hopefully I'll have some free time between the day I arrive and the day I start working to get there and see what it is all about in person.

Posted On:
    1/04/2011 2:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for a fight gym!!

I live in Hiroshima city and was wondering how much the gymfighters gym is and where abouts it is please? I have been living in Hiroshima for only 2months now and I haven't trained in MMA for close to six months now but very keen to get back in to it. If you could please help me it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast