Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 1:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You probably won't like me...

Well, i've been "lurking" around this site for two or three days now...reading and assessing and whatnot...and i think i'm ready to make that dreaded "newbie post", haha.

First of all, i don't really consider myself a "martial artist", since when i think of martial arts, poorly-dubbed chinese films come to mind. i've boxed since i was 14, and i consider that a sport...nothing more. Mainly because the gloves allow you to use your hands in a manner that gets them easily broken in any "real-life" situation. All in all, i really love the sport and competing...but that's neither here nor there.

Secondly, all my "combat" experience comes from active duty in the military...unless you count my gravitation towards other guy's girlfriends and wives, which has gotten me into more altrications than anything else to date. i've trained in MCMAP, bjj, Army Combatitives, and the like...yada yada.

Last of all, from what i've read by most of your posts, but mainly your replies to others' posts...most of you have never actually been in a "fight", huh? i'm not talking about in a ring or cage or on some type of mat...with a guy that weighs within 5 or 6 pounds of you...under the supervision of a referree who's making sure the little boys in the glorified-sandbox play fairly.

i mean a fight...where you may die. Where you can't even hear all the poeple yelling because your heart's beating so hard that it sounds like it's the organ between your ears.

i enjoy making fun of all the "do's" and "fu's" and "itsu's", like the rest of you, but don't put yourself on such a high pedistal. Once the fear of death snatches you up, all your combat sports training, tattooes, mohawks, and "mat-time" ranks you BARELY above the "role players" that you crucify on this forum. My advice...join the military. Then, after you've had a few hundred bullets fly by your head, you'll be able to come back here, and talk to people with respect...like you know somethin about "fighting".
  2. BJJbot

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 1:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So dutchlloyd, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 1:10am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll be wanting YMAS. Ring based MA's versus "the street" is a popular debate.

We're all (well, most) fully aware that fists vs. bullets, or fist vs. knife, is no contest. :)

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 1:17am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dutchlloyd, why would anyone want to join the military and go in harms way for the sake of the delusional liars that run our country? I'm assuming that you DO remember that the 911 gang were from Saudi Arabia, NOT Iraq, and Osama and Bush Sr. and Saddam were all on the CIA payroll, and so forth.
    I learned about fighting from years of hard contact sparring. Street, so far, has mostly been candy. More of a choice of how to stop it and not hurt the dreranged, drunk, crazy, fucked up moron.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 1/09/2008 7:30pm at .

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 1:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see how joining the military will make you any more persuasive in debates on the internet, but I like the cut of your jib, dutch. Why do you think people won't like you?

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 1:35am

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchlloyd
    Well, i've been "lurking" around this site for two or three days now...reading and assessing and whatnot...and i think i'm ready to make that dreaded "newbie post", haha.

First of all, i don't really consider myself a "martial artist", since when i think of martial arts, poorly-dubbed chinese films come to mind. i've boxed since i was 14, and i consider that a sport...nothing more. Mainly because the gloves allow you to use your hands in a manner that gets them easily broken in any "real-life" situation. All in all, i really love the sport and competing...but that's neither here nor there.

Secondly, all my "combat" experience comes from active duty in the military...unless you count my gravitation towards other guy's girlfriends and wives, which has gotten me into more altrications than anything else to date. i've trained in MCMAP, bjj, Army Combatitives, and the like...yada yada.

Last of all, from what i've read by most of your posts, but mainly your replies to others' posts...most of you have never actually been in a "fight", huh? i'm not talking about in a ring or cage or on some type of mat...with a guy that weighs within 5 or 6 pounds of you...under the supervision of a referree who's making sure the little boys in the glorified-sandbox play fairly.

i mean a fight...where you may die. Where you can't even hear all the poeple yelling because your heart's beating so hard that it sounds like it's the organ between your ears.

i enjoy making fun of all the "do's" and "fu's" and "itsu's", like the rest of you, but don't put yourself on such a high pedistal. Once the fear of death snatches you up, all your combat sports training, tattooes, mohawks, and "mat-time" ranks you BARELY above the "role players" that you crucify on this forum. My advice...join the military. Then, after you've had a few hundred bullets fly by your head, you'll be able to come back here, and talk to people with respect...like you know somethin about "fighting".
    Welcome to bullshido. I have never been shot at in my entire life(37years) And I don't know how I would act/react If it happened. I would probably **** myself! Thank god for soldiers like yourself who defend our country so I dont have to. That being said, I, like alot of the people from this site have been in a "real" fight. I can tell you however from experience that you should spend some time with a good bjj'er or muay thai,mma ect. fighter and than re- post afterwords, with a little more respect. I would like to hear youre opinion then. Stick around and lurk a little more, And what ever you do avoid Y mas for a little while.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 4:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    awesome, you are dumb enough to be a grunt. would you like a medal? i dont give a flying **** if youve been shot at, that doesnt make you a better fighter.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 5:06am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    i dont give a flying **** if youve been shot at, that doesnt make you a better fighter.
    It does if by "better fighter" means someone who wears DPM, carries 5.56mm and most likely, is operating in the land of jihad.

Being shot at most definitely improves your state of mind.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 12/29/2007 5:08am at .

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 5:17am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Frosty
    It does if by "better fighter" means someone who wears DPM, carries 5.56mm and most likely, is operating in the land of jihad.

Being shot at most definitely improves your state of mind.
    I know it made ME better. **** bullets now, man, that's ***** ****.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/29/2007 5:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i should have been more specific, i mean when fist meets face. half the army guys i know cant fight worth a ****- they dont get taught to. they use guns to kill people these days i hear
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast