Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kids Pankration Video

This is from the Orange County vs Riverside County Cadet (11-13 yrs) Division All Star Dual Team Event. Both these kids were Pankration Champions from the Nov. 4th Full Bred Championships.

The event featured 5 of the top OC kids vs 5 of the top Riverside County Kids in all the Cadet Weight classes.

ENJOY:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="355" width="425" data="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnhxd8IhNs
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
    <param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnhxd8IhNs />
    </object>

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."
    Style
    Out-Of-Shape MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was pretty cool, and the scissor take down, awesome.

Style
    10th Planet Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome vids socalpankration. Can somebody please tell me why the **** Pankration isn't an Olympic sport? It would be friggin' sweet!

Style
    Sweet science eight limbs
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if u ask me i cant see the diff between this and MMA(UFC, pride)..........anyway AWESOME FIGHT!!!

Style
    10th Planet Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, pankration was the first all-encompassing fighting system in the known world. It was essentially ancient MMA. I believe it's Greek for "All Powers" or something similar.

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zothos
    Awesome vids socalpankration. Can somebody please tell me why the **** Pankration isn't an Olympic sport? It would be friggin' sweet!
    We are trying. They had a Pankration Demo in the 2004 Athens games but the Greeks used a pre-arranged sparring type routine instead of actual competition.

Last year FILA, the Olympic and International governing body for Wrestling, adopted Pankration as an Official Sport. We are now working on getting it added as a disipline of Wrestling.

I have no idea if it will happen or not but we now have the annual FILA World Pankration Championships. Last year it was in Turkey, this year it will be in either Portugal or Albania.

www.fightleague.org

Style
    Bartitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The scissor takedown at 1.24 was a thing of beauty.

Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn fine. Damn fine. Those guys should work on their striking though.

Style
    various cma's
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by socalpankration
    We are trying. They had a Pankration Demo in the 2004 Athens games but the Greeks used a pre-arranged sparring type routine instead of actual competition.

Last year FILA, the Olympic and International governing body for Wrestling, adopted Pankration as an Official Sport. We are now working on getting it added as a disipline of Wrestling.

I have no idea if it will happen or not but we now have the annual FILA World Pankration Championships. Last year it was in Turkey, this year it will be in either Portugal or Albania.

www.fightleague.org
    I believe i've mentioned this to you in another forum, I wish you had some tournaments here in the northeast/mass area.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last