Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 4:21am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyciol
    People with long hair probably get it pulled a lot when put in a headlock or even just doing neck rolls on the ground, I wonder if having oily hair is good since that's less friction and it wouldn't be so dry as to snap easily.
    It tangles more, though. Unless it was really, really greasy, it wouldn't affect it much. Plus, oily hair usually just happens around the scalp, the length remains mostly dry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 2:38pm

Style: BJJ/Pekiti Tersia/Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, having oily hair only tends to make your hair come out at the scalp. It's not fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 4:39am

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by whisper
    It tangles more, though. Unless it was really, really greasy, it wouldn't affect it much. Plus, oily hair usually just happens around the scalp, the length remains mostly dry.
    It does? I know oily hair would be more adhesive... as in sticking due to oil droplets bonding them... at the same time though, frayed hair edges would not interlock like teeth like they might with dry hair.

While oil's secreted at the base of the scalp, the length can become oily when you come it or run your fingers through it since this spreads it down the length from the base. Also happens naturally with some hair due to gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustardo
    Yes, having oily hair only tends to make your hair come out at the scalp. It's not fun.
    How does it make it come out?

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    1/11/2008 12:09pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    headgear is an effective form of guillotine defense. makes my ribs hurt just thinking about it.

i've got a tiny bit of cauliflower ear. barely visible, even if you know it's there. it's been sore lately, though. i keep waking up with this strange desire to stab myself in the ear with an exacto knife... but that would kill the caulimonster embryo inside, and i'm not sure i could live with myself.

Posted On:
    1/13/2008 5:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/Brazilian Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use the Vitamins and Minerals headgear for Jujitsu. I had a bilateral tympanoplasty about a year ago so I have some nice scar tissue behind the ears. In a gi headgear looks stupid but without a gi it looks pretty bad ass. The only time I don't wear headgear is during mma matches.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345