Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 5:55pm

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ark44
    the problem is i love to box and have a lot of upper body strength, the real problem is i have no idea how to block kicks and end up taking a lot of head shots when i spar, mind you i can land a lot of jabs and connect with wild hooks, even while my instructor continuously tells me not to swing so wildly. i went in kind of scared against the blackbelts and ended up swinging with full force while they were tagging me with kicks to the head and making me look silly with moves they learned outside of kickboxing. i suppose i will have to tone it down myself and not be so aggressive and hope they do the same. that body shot really hurt.
    I would "slow down" a bit with your boxing skills while learning the kicking aspects from these guys.

Learn to swim in their pond...so to speak, maybe then add your boxing? :duckie:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 6:08pm

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my only experience in boxing has been what i've taught myself on a heavy bag so when i step into full contact against blackbelts your damn right im going to swing the way i know how to swing, and my instrcutor has been correcting my technique and teaching me how to throw a proper hook and uppercut, where the power comes from and how to avoid leaving yourself open to getting hit when you do swing, mainly taking the strength i have naturally and adding speed and technique to give me better skills as a fighter.

Woops...I should have read more of the thread before posting, disregard my last post. I kinda thought boxing was sorta "your pond" and kicking (or kick-boxing) was their's.

You still need to learn the boxing part also. Arrrrggghh...... :bully: :waoya

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sandy Claws
    or please post video of getting pwned.
    Without "or", do it!

Sandy beat me to typing it - I thought it's obvious... ;-)

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 6:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _un-gle bells
    Without "or", do it!

Sandy beat me to typing it - I thought it's obvious... ;-)
    for most, yes. It would be obvious.

But, read this guy's posts.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 7:11pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ark44, I'm going to try to be as nice as possible, but you are making it very hard.

my only experience in boxing has been what i've taught myself on a heavy bag
    then you don't have experience in boxing.

so when i step into full contact against blackbelts your damn right im going to swing the way i know how to swing,
    And that makes you an idiot, a dangerous, arrogant idiot who deserves to be kicked in the gut until you calm down and pay fucking attention.

You have no right to go about swinging. This isn't Mortal Kombat or 'BloodSports'. Calm the **** out!!!!

and my instrcutor has been correcting my technique and teaching me how to throw a proper hook and uppercut, where the power comes from and how to avoid leaving yourself open to getting hit when you do swing, mainly taking the strength i have naturally and adding speed and technique to give me better skills as a fighter.
    Stop patting yourself on the back.

And stop swinging around when you go to spar. Chimps naturally swing using brute force, so what makes you think swinging at it is something worth emulating? Everytime you do that, you are wasting your time, but most important, your sparring partners' time. They go there and put their time and money to practice intelligently, not in having to deal with an uncrontrollable, unreliable and unpredictable arm-flinging anthropoid.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 8:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ease up a little and keep in mind that at this time i am still an untrained fighter, i have had tips and been given advice from friends who claim such things as "golden gloves" and have tried to put these into my routine as training with them is not possible physically.

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 9:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't you gotten KTFO yet?

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ease up a little and keep in mind that at this time i am still an untrained fighter, i have had tips and been given advice from friends who claim such things as "golden gloves" and have tried to put these into my routine as training with them is not possible physically.
    "Ease up a little" is the advice your Golden Gloves buddies should have given you.

Listen to your instructor, not some online guys who maybe have boxing experience.

The only thing you've shown so far is that your sparring partners are entirely right to kick you in the head over and over and over.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234