Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2009 9:34pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid View Post
    this is stupid... but where do you keep your **** when you're running, like wallet, phone and keys? or do you just have it on you? doesnt it bouncing bother you?

also, what earphones do i need so that i dont have to worry about them constantly falling out?
    personally, i use a belt that holds my water bottle, keys, cellphone and bus pass (incase i jog too far, get too tired or injured, i can get back home or to a hospital)
    my tiny MP3 player fits in my pocket and the ear phones never bug me.

This is one from Sportline, i have one but it looks different.

ALSO

A little tip for new joggers (like me) is to wear a rash guard or take some tape and make an X over your nipples, i jogged for an hour today wearing a loose tank top and my titties hurt a lot.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jogger's_nipple

and i found this video to be amazingly useful
    YouTube - The Biomechanics of Running

and a link to POSE running stuff i plan to try soon
    http://www.the-master-runner.com/pose-running.html
    Last edited by honest_truth; 9/06/2009 9:56pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2009 11:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What breathing pattern does everyone find most effective/efficient?

I was told inhale when my left foot hits the ground, then exhale when the same foot hits the ground (then repeat). Basically, I'm taking a full breath every 6 steps as the inhale and exhale pattern is gradual. This is not for sprinting fyi.

Also, I've heard that exhaling on your left foot is better as doing so on the right causes downward pressure on the liver and results in easier cramping. Any truth to this?

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 12:23am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How to give running another chance, a mini-FAQ for the running idiots

I impressed by your belt that hold water water bottle, keys, cellphone and bus pass nice interesting.

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They have headphones that can clip on to your ears so they don't fall off. Never used them though. I use the ones you stick in your ear lobes but sometimes they give me problems with falling out while running.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 1:12pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrogantBastard View Post
    What breathing pattern does everyone find most effective/efficient?

I was told inhale when my left foot hits the ground, then exhale when the same foot hits the ground (then repeat). Basically, I'm taking a full breath every 6 steps as the inhale and exhale pattern is gradual. This is not for sprinting fyi.

Also, I've heard that exhaling on your left foot is better as doing so on the right causes downward pressure on the liver and results in easier cramping. Any truth to this?
    never heard of this to be honest.

i just take deep breaths, inhale through nose, exhale through mouth

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Towards the end of my run when I am getting most tired, I breath in time with my steps. I breath out twice, once with each step, and then breath in the same way. It's just what comes naturally.

The more comfortable you get with running, the more comfortable your breathing will become naturally.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 4:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been comfortable with my breathing (well as comfortable you can get during long runs) for the past 3 years. I just wanted to know if there was a more efficient/effective method.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 7:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may be insane or something, but I only breathe through my nose when I'm running. Is this inherently bad? Is this a red flag or anything? I'm more concerned with my physical well-being, and I just find it easiest to just breathe through my nose for the entirety of my runs, but if this is bad for my cardio developement I'm clearly going to be willing to change.

Posted On:
    9/18/2009 1:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I breathe through my nose and mouth, I just inhale through both and exhale through both at the same time. I haven't read anything about specific breathing techniques being bad for cardio. Taking in as little oxygen as possible while exerting yourself is probably best for your cardio, but that's just a guess. Came up with it, from watching those guys train with scooba masks on during I think season 8 of the ultimate fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 7:29pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, there is a running thead, wonderful.

I have been running for a little over two months. I started off with running 4 km each day and now I am doing 10 km. I am running everyday, except on average of once every week when weather is really terrible and I feel a bit too lazy and tired. I THINK I have a right shoes. It does not hurt my feet, that much I can be sure. I do not really fully understand the harm bad shoes can do to feet so I might be wrong.

I do not find my running boring. I like the scenery of the course I am running. I use a MP3, with playlist full of soundtracks and songs that pumps people up (Blow Me Away and I'll Make a Man Out of You, for example). When I run, there are a LOT of thoughts going around in my mind, mostly something related to fighting scenes.

Now that I gave an overview on my running habit let me ask some questions (I assume that this is more or less the most comprehensive running thread in this site and please inform me if I should take this questions elsewhere). For your information, while I am not interested in going for competition, at least for now, I love to push myself and progress as much as possible.

With that cleared up:

1. My 10 km run usually takes around 55~65 minutes. Is this too slow?

2. I try my best to go for running every day. Is this a bad idea? Should I take breaks between days and give my legs some rest?

3. When I run, I think I primarily use my thigh muscles. Is this an incorrect way of running?

4. I run the same course everyday. The course is completely flat except the way to my home, which is an uphill road that takes around 5 minutes in running. Should I try to vary my course, even if I do not find it dull?

These are the half of the questions I have, but I will ask those later if I cannot find them out myself.

Thanks.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast