Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/12/2008 7:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by panthersix
    Have you tried more salt or potassium before you run? I think if you had a tear you'd know, have you been to the medic's yet? I used to keep a runner's med guide when I was on active duty. You'd be surprised at all the over use injuries in airborne and spec ops units.
    Hi mate..

Yeah I had though that I might needing additional salt/water intake, I'll give it a go and see if this helps, I've not run now for nearly a couple of weeks and the legs feel fine but, ironic as it is, I picked up a fucker of a blister on the arch of my right foot during a forced march on Wednesday evening, this came about from an insole which I felt move in the boot slightly. I've never had a blister in that part of my foot before and I gotta tell you, for a small one it's the most painful I can remember for this sort of issue.

I've had my running shoes on and it's just too uncomfortable to attempt a run at the moment.

Cheers for the comments

--Dave

Edit:

Oh yeh I did vist our medic _ I swear, I wonder how she keeps her job, she just gave a cursory look at my calf and said, "you've strained it" Marvellous !!
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 1/12/2008 7:27am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 4:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hikuta

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Chi and Pose Running

One thing many miss is running STYLE. If you research "chi running " or "pose running" you will find a totally new way to run. Those that I've known who have tried these natural running techniques run faster with little or no pain or injury - and even enjoy it!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/12/2008 9:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Running sucks but is required. If you get a chance to get on a track try straights and curves for a couple of miles. Sprint the straight aways and jog the curves. A nice change of pace.

Posted On:
    3/12/2008 11:38am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So there I was bounding like a young gazelle (relatively speaking) around the perimeter of Hampstead Heath (London) and coming towards the junction by Whitestone Pond on a wet, foggy Sunday evening, when someone hit me square in the face with a shovel. FFS.

I found myself lying flat out on the ground with my legs straddling a lamp post. The fucking council had moved the lamp post to the centre of he pavement because it had obviously been hit by too many car drivers at the end of the long straight road that is Spaniard's Way.

So, look for any changes in camber, lighting and any moved fucking lamp posts if you haven't run a particular route for a while.

First time I've ever been knocked down (outside of being Thrown of course);-)

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/12/2008 1:40pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    ...First time I've ever been knocked down (outside of being Thrown of course);-)
    Ouch, hope you're all right though...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 2:46am

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for mentioning that pedometer site, that's pretty neat. I hope it doesn't show other people your running route on the map though, that part sounds dangerous.

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 2:56am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is stupid... but where do you keep your **** when you're running, like wallet, phone and keys? or do you just have it on you? doesnt it bouncing bother you?

also, what earphones do i need so that i dont have to worry about them constantly falling out?

Weak

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 4:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    vinh, personally I don't carry stuff when I run (why carry your wallet, phone, keys? leave them at the gym or at home!). At the most, I carry my single house key on a chain around my neck.

Can't help you with the earphones either, I prefer to be able to hear who's coming up behind me, hear traffic etc.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't carry stuff either other than my house key, either. Sometimes a cell phone (tucket in an arm wallet with my house key.)

I run with my ipod and earphones (vinh, they are really safe and don't fall off), but I keep a low volume, never jog at night and jog in the direction opposite to the traffic).
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 1:26pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what's an armwallet and how expensive are they?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast