Sponsored Links Spacer Image

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 4:30pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox
    She did deep tissue massage directly to an injured area? I'm not too up on contraindications to massage, but I wouldn't recommend that.
    No, she didn't. But I was of the impression that a good massage is one that hurts, because that gets the blood flowing, breaks up scar tissue, etc.

Well, I would also recommend a chiropractor for chronic problems. But yes, a good chiropractor will recommend you to strength training for rehabilitation and prevention. Remember; most injuries in training are preventable with good technique and proper conditioning. A good physical therapist of any sort will recognise that.
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Toe
    I've had that sort of experience when they used be covered by provincial medical insurance. Some shops just want to churn through as many patients as possible. Just like a chiro, you have to shop around.
    A lot of things here in the Aus are covered by Medicare, and it's getting a bit better, now that things like psychiatry are starting to be covered. I think that's maybe why there isn't such a contraversy around Chiros in Australia- we don't exactly fork out an entire arm and leg to them for payments.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2007 9:53pm

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm suspicious of chiropractors. I'd rather just use inversion.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 12:36am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by socratic
    A lot of things here in the Aus are covered by Medicare, and it's getting a bit better, now that things like psychiatry are starting to be covered. I think that's maybe why there isn't such a contraversy around Chiros in Australia- we don't exactly fork out an entire arm and leg to them for payments.
    Frankly, that may be reason to be more upset about potential quackery, not less. Consider the UK, where tax money apparently goes to support homeopathy... If I were, by law, required to give money to that sort of people, rather than merely having them exist by virtue of the folly of the gullible, I'd be raising one hell of a stink.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234