Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tips??

Hey guys whats up, I like all of you enjoy me some amature MMA fights in my friends barn. The only problem is that its only three of us and I am always the small guy of the bunch, I am only 5'8" 140 while my other two friends are 6'2" 160-180. As you can see I am pretty much always outmatched, occasionally I can pull off a guillotine when they shoot and i can get some Kimuras and arm bars but other than that I can't do much. I was just wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how i can improve my chances when I'm in a fight. Thanks guys.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRandle
    I was just wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how i can improve my chances when I'm in a fight. Thanks guys.
    Yeah, I have one that's sure to work. Go to your gym regularly and train hard. Train very, very hard.

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yea man thats what we do in his barn, work our asses off and at the end of the session we do a lil MMA fight. Its not like we dont train and **** thats exactly what we are doing.

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay dude, I've got a tip that is mindboggling in its cleverness and subtlety:

Spoiler:
    Go to a proper fucking gym.

Pingo

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:45pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to a real gym. "some amature MMA fights in my friends barn"? Seriously? I don't even know if that's what you're actually doing or if that's the least-subtle innuendo for sodomy in the world.
    Last edited by ViciousFlamingo; 12/23/2007 4:47pm at .

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 6:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright Alright I got the picture, just fuckin wondering if you guys could have given me some small tips, not change my whole fucking routine...**** is everyone a fucking asshole.

Pingo

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 6:19pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRandle
    Alright Alright I got the picture, just fuckin wondering if you guys could have given me some small tips, not change my whole fucking routine...**** is everyone a fucking asshole.
    Small tips aren't going to help you until you actually get proper training. Go find yourself a gym. Then go train.

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 6:22pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    buy a weight set and use it!

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 6:31pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really should join a real gym. you're probably just going to end up fu@king yourself up. If you know anyone who trains in bjj/mma/ect. see if they will come over and help you guy's out I am assuming that it is either a money issue, or lack of instruction near you're location. If it's money maybe you and you're friends can pitch in and get somebody to do a group lesson. If there is no quality instruction than maybe try some dvd's. Pedro Sauer has some good ones but there not cheap.

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 6:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    You really should join a real gym. you're probably just going to end up fu@king yourself up. If you know anyone who trains in bjj/mma/ect. see if they will come over and help you guy's out I am assuming that it is either a money issue, or lack of instruction near you're location. If it's money maybe you and you're friends can pitch in and get somebody to do a group lesson. If there is no quality instruction than maybe try some dvd's. Pedro Sauer has some good ones but there not cheap.
    Thank you hooded monk, yes there is lack of training around my area and it is a money issue seeing as we are three college kids paying our way through school. We have intermediate BJJ training but nothing extensive...we took some classes in high school and we are just getting back into it. Where can you get those DVDs???

edit. I have gotten a weight set and I have been using it. I actually have put on 5 more lbs since i have started :XXbirdman
    Last edited by MrRandle; 12/23/2007 6:46pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast