Posted On:
    1/23/2008 10:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Keysi Fighting Method

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Keysi Fighting Method

KFM

JKD in priciple, adapted by Justo and Andy, incorporates a huge range of areas SUch as JKDC, FMA, BJJ, Silat

Will add more when i get more time
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by archrival50; 1/23/2008 10:40am at .

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think review really could do with abit more indepth writing. And alot more info. Talk about its strengths and weaknesses to justify the scores you gave.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/17/2008 1:28pm

Style: Reality Self Defense

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/21/2008 2:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, thanks for the help Zipit (sarcasm).

archrival50,

Please find the time as your "review" is fairly worthless at this point.

Do you train there?
    Have you taken classes there?
    What are your observations/opinions?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 8:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi guys, I am currently in Spain right now training with the founders of KFM and staff and I have to say one thing, very intense and very direct system, when they say the use the whole body as a weapon they truly do. Everything on their site is accurate and the teaching is fantastic....This system is for warriors and work horses....You can learn more on the WHITE BELT level then you can in 10 years in traditional....

I will be checking the forum when I can and I am on a 6 hour time difference so please feel free to ask questions while I am here...Today is the 24th, I will be here until Tuesday....

They are also coming to the states in October to NYC, see for yourself....I like what I see so far very much and it is an EYE OPENER.....

Great for Cardio and MMA fighters alike.....The biggest question they answer is WHY DO YOU DO WHAT YOU DO......

It can be answered in a hundred different ways, but they look to you, the student to have the Master Key....

Zipit777-
    Last edited by zipit777; 4/24/2008 8:11am at .

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 9:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing & MT BJJ Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Everything on their site is accurate". The site gives almost zero information.
    They are trying to market the whole thing seem like a revolution in martial arts, which it is not.

Basically, it is a mix of Inosanto- lineage martial arts (JKD, Kali, Silat, Muay Thai etc), with crazy-monkey boxing thrown in and some training ideas from RBSD/ Krav Maga. It is NOT the revolutionary new method of fighting they would like you to believe, but it does have it’s merits. Incidentally, up until a year or so ago the promo material, tshirts etc had JKD, kali, silat etc emblazoned all over them, and they had a close association with Dan Inosanto, who would teach at the annual Keysi International Conference over in Spain, but now I can’t seem to find any mention of JKD on the website.

Not as revolutionary as Justo and Andy would like you to believe, but some very good stuff in there, realistic training, sparring….KFM was gaining a good following for a while, but it's been pretty much butt-fucked by it’s own runaway batman marketing hype machine.

And distance learning programmes? Seriously.

All that said, if you can actually train with a decent instructor then you will learn a lot, there are a lot of useful techniques in there, training is very alive and studnts are encouraged to find things for themselves and to question what they are being taught. And Andy and Justo are both awesome at what they do.
    Enjoy.

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 11:45am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm it seems alright, Both the guys trained under Bob Breen who's a very good JKD/arnis instructor.

I'm not really sure their system offers anything too different from whats currently available at most JKD schools.

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 11:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As most JKD schools also teach MT (and therefore work the clinch) and some form of grappling, that's true to a point, although I found the whole thinking man AKA crazy monkey defence useful, especially for building up confidence in beginners. Also there is much much less emphasis on trapping, especially in the stand-up game, which is good because trapping sucks the balls imo.

Also there are a lot of JKD McDojos about these days (Bob Breen isn't one of them, btw)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2008 7:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jimmy, I am a former JKD and Wing Tsun guy myself and what I have seen thus far has NOTHING to do with any of it, just because there history was what it was, doesnt mean people reflect back on it....If you havent studied it or trained in it, how can you come up with your answer, through pure speculation?
    Its like saying Bruce Lee was a former Wing Chun Guy, which is true, but his thinking changed, he wasnt one dimensional....
    So basically you shouldnt be calling it JKD because it is NOTHING like it what so ever....They are expanding int America and as with anything come up with the opinion first hand not from the he say she said way of thinking....

You are right and your are wrong at the same time - KEYSI if it does well, in America, will be very popular within 2 years....

I dont speak from what I read or hear, I am training with them right now....as we speak...Its intense and most American Warriors will love it....Dont judge by short clips on a video, it is 1 single movement...If you have a question, I will pass it on to them for you and get the answer straight from the source....

Hope this helps....

-zipit

Posted On:
    4/25/2008 3:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Zipit777, I trained KFM in the UK for a little over 4 years, before this I was in JKD, I do have some idea of what I am talking about. I have a Keysi shirt back home and can you guess what it has written across the back?

I am not getting at the system, just the hype around it, if it does well in America, all well and good, I just hope that the students are not all learning it by distance learning DVDs.

PS, the answer is Jeet Kune Do, in case you were wondering. =)
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast