Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2007 2:33pm

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    Ok when teaching an eye gouge(and yes there are arts that do) most do not teach the actual ripping of the eye from the socket. For most it is a poke or a steady shove with increasing pressure.

I have seen an actual eye-gouge in a fight once(I know I have a lot of crazy stories but my dad sold... well he was a provider of mood enhancers to Hells Angels so he ran with a wild crowd), and I grew up in a bit of a rough neighborhood. So anyway it is possible to force an eye out of the socket, however the head needs to be imobilized. So in the case I saw, it was at a party, and some dude pinched the ass of another dude's(Steve was his name) girlfriend. So steve has a legit BB is something and too much to drink so he beats the hell out of the pincher, and when he has him basically up against a wall, shoves his thumb into the eye socket until the eye pops out(hanging by connective tissues and optic nerve). At this point the relative bouncers(big biker guys) take Steve down and the cops are called(well actually an ambulance but that means cops). Long story short Steve was sencteced to Class A Felony Aggravated Assualt, fined $15,000 and sent to jail for 30yrs with recomendation against parole.

Moral of this story, you can do it, but unless you are female and being raped, you had better be willing to pay some heavy consequences.
    Thanks - I assumed that the MA intention was not to pop the eye out but to win a contest. So why exaggerate what they do with a 'tough-sounding' name? My limited experience of it is that if the thumb is forced between the outer edge of the socket and the eye, it is possible to pop it out. The example I saw left the guy with his eye hanging on his cheek as you describe. Yuk. Still, he got 360 degree vision for a while ;)

The female being raped would probably do better to use the points of the fingernails to poke and slash at the eyes. I've had the 'fingernail slash' done to me (by a man, in a contest) and it tore the cornea - more than enough for distraction.
    Last edited by kiaiki; 12/24/2007 2:38pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2007 2:36pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a possibility if your opponent does not move. Most MAs that I am familiar with call it a poke or rake, but yes it can cause said affect if for some reason the attacker does not move.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2007 2:55pm

Style: Aikido Ceteris Paribus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    That is a possibility if your opponent does not move. Most MAs that I am familiar with call it a poke or rake, but yes it can cause said affect if for some reason the attacker does not move.
    Excellent! That's more like it - if there is no response to an attack, it should cause damage.

If you have your opponent pinned to the ground and he cannot move his head much, do you go ahead and attempt to scoop out his eyes?

I haven't seen many eye patches in any MA, so I can't help thinking that most gouges must fall short of real attempt to blind and should be called something quite different. It is not necessary to massage egos by exaggeration.

A rake or a poke is very different and lots of MA use them. Even my Aikido Sensei taught them as part of SD.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678