Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 4:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: whatever works

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the AikiJuJutsu i take is just a mix of Daito Ryu, some other styles of JJJ, and Chin Na but it works good and there arent any kata's so i like it more then other TMA's and it works better then karate

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2007 9:31pm

Style: Jabs & Cross Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbl
    the AikiJuJutsu i take is just a mix of Daito Ryu, some other styles of JJJ, and Chin Na but it works good and there arent any kata's so i like it more then other TMA's and it works better then karate
    Teh KAA-RAY-THAY i take is just a mix of gym-rama, some cheerleading stuff, and boxing but it works good and there aren't any kata's so i liek it moar then other TMA's and it works better then Aikijutsu.

GMW
    Last edited by GRAB MY WRIST; 12/28/2007 2:25am at .

Posted On:
    8/06/2014 6:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdrnsamurai View Post
    AikiJuJutsu is just adding the floating aspects of Aikido to JuJutsu. Which personally I don't think JuJutsu needs at all. JuJutsu works just fine without adding the artsy aspects of Aikido. Just my Opinion.

Train Hard, Stay Safe,
    Good Luck

The Long Island Training Triad in 2008!
    Combat Judo
    Scarola BJJ
    Red Boy BJJ
    Aikijujutsu (which existed in earlier inacrnations as Yawara and Oshikiuichi) didnt add Aikido to jujutsu....thats actually backwards, Ueshiba (Aikido's founder) was at one point an Aikijuka and he later distilled down Aikijujutsu (Jujutsu that emphasizes Aiki principles), via the Ahimsa or non violent philosophy he acquired from the omoto kyo shinto cult he joined.

this distilation doesnt mean Aikido isnt effective, if you train and practice it correctly, but i believe Aikijujutsu is far more effective because it does not seek reconsiliation from the onset, it is decisive, deliberate, destructive, and unforgiving of one's enemIES.

As to Aiki artsy-ness being added to jujutsu, its the Aiki approach/principle that makes Aikijujutsu an effective multi attacker discipline rather than an overcommitted pile of sweaty human pretzels; not to take away from BJJ or JJ, it just doesnt in most cases emphasize the same dynamic nature of combat as Aikijujutsu or even Aikijutsu (a sub set of techniques applying the aiki principle to a combat method..or "jutsu" taught as part of many martial systems; sadly a lot of people snicker at the term because if it isnt daito ryu for some reason it isnt credible because god forbid the aiki concept be understood and applied outside daito ryu aiki budokai (I digress).

Posted On:
    8/06/2014 7:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Aikijutsu is not a martial art. Aikijutsu is a group of principles, theories or techniques utilized in several martial disciplines.
    This...and no, it can be. its not in the traditional sense, its definitely not Daito-Ryu, but if its martial (meant for war) techniques, taught with a philosophy (and aiki certainly is a philosophy; one which precedes aikijujutsu, aikido and aikijutsu, even the very word itself...as it wasnt a word til the 16th cedntury or so if i recall)

so sure, it can stand on its own, existing as an effective system of thought and movement, just dont confuse it for Aikijujutsu and dont expect one dojo or ryu's aiki to be the same as anothers.

theres also a lot of bad...and really bad aikijutsu out there, doesnt mean it all is and we shouldnt crucify the term. ive seen lots LOTS of bad karate, kung-fu, aikido, tae kwon do, etc and I dont burn down the discipline for it, and those arts are even traditionally considered martial arts.

though i personally dont find Aikido to be a martial art because its not "meant for war" and thus kind of negates the martial component for me.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456