Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 7:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ha ha Dr. Tzun Tzu is a big (British cigarette)

(I don't know if "fag" counts as swearing in a thread title, so I went ahead and self-censored. If it isn't, could a mod please change the title to "Ha ha Dr. Tzun Tzu Loves The Taste of A Ten Year Old's Asshole"? Thanks.)

Last night Das Moose IMed me asking for help dealing with some Chunners on an Irish MMA board, a request I was happy to oblige. Upon reading the thread, however, I found about half the posters in this particular thread were WT gotards and half were pretty intelligent MMA advocates. Moose was doing fine holding his own and had plenty of backup, so I just told him to let things progress as is. The discussion went pretty much as expected, but with one hilarious exception:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael O Leary
    I mentioned that the clinch that I learned in Wing Tsun is similar to what I did in a SBG seminar and in Muay Thai
    This is quite dumb, and he was called out almost instantly:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hamill
    Are you honestly trying to say that this (typed in "wing tsun clinch" into youtube) looks anything like this (typed "clinch work" into youtube)?
    Do you actually have a clip that shows how WT clinch is similar to MT clinch?
    The first this was a link to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryu5gt4macs

I am not a Thai boxer, so maybe my analysis of his clinching technique is a bit inaccurate, but I've always assumed the premise behind a neck clinch was to use your arms and shoulders to forcibly hold down an opponent's head, rather than seduce them by seductively stroking the nape of their neck. I could be wrong.

Either way, congratulations, Dr. Tzun Tzu. Your backyard failure has officially grown so colossally depressing Luke Skywalker is calling you retarded from the opposite side of the planet.
    Last edited by Boyd; 12/22/2007 7:35pm at .
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 8:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm new to Muay Thai and I may be wrong in saying this, but I can see how WT clinching techniques might barely look like some techniques in MT that are used to prevent or escape from clinches or position oneself more favourably during a clinch. But that would be a extremely generous interpretation and not one I would be willing to defend.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 9:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats with the e honda bun on top of his head?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 10:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ / Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His gardening-fu is weak too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2007 10:55pm

Style: Jiu-jitsu & HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't able to watch the entire video. The laughing was making it impossible to breathe.

If I pass out from laughing does that prove there's knockout power in :ingun: ?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:16am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You just know the only reason the black guy's sticking around is for the blowjob later...

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 4:34am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WC clinch is nothing like a MY clinch. The only close barley resemblance to a trapping move that I have used in the MT clinch is a two on one to get to the side, and thats wrestling.

WC clinch is not = MT clinch. Repeat, repeat and repeat some more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 5:16am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that the "clinching" in that video looked nothing like Muay Thai at all, but to someone who doesn't train Muay Thai, it might look a little bit like "pummeling" in the MT clinch. This is a technique used to get your opponent in the clinch with your arms inside his, with your hands controlling his head. This can go back and forth for a while, with both fighters trying to get their arms inside the other's. I couldn't find any good examples online, but you can kind of see what I'm talking about at about 0:43 into this video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udD5OPCck30

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 8:19am

Style: bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    where Broke back mountain got it's inspiration.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2007 12:02pm

Style: Shutting up and training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A very fair post from the OP, however, facts must be corrected as California is nowhere near the opposite side of the world from Ireland.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast